Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Just makes me sick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just makes me sick...

I just heard this on the news...

Federal Agents Arrest North Carolina Man Suspected of Decapitating His 4-Year-Old Daughter
    Saturday , January 13, 2007

RALEIGH, N.C. — A man suspected of decapitating his 4-year-old daughter and leaving the body for her mother to find in their suburban home was arrested in Washington, D.C., early Saturday, authorities said.

Investigators have not found any history of domestic or mental health problems at the home, and still have no leads as to a possible motive in the killing, said Clayton police Lt. Jon Gerrell.

Click here for more crime news.

Amber Violette told police Friday evening she had found her daughter, Katlin, with her head severed from her body, police said.

An "edged weapon" believe to have been used in the killing was found in the house, though Gerrell declined to give more details.

"This is devastating for the whole community as a whole, and it's the most horrific thing I've seen in 13 years of police work," said Sgt. S.P. Lapsley. "That a father could do this to his child, I just can't believe it."

John Patrick Violette's vehicle was found at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, and investigators learned he had taken a flight to Washington. Deputy U.S. marshals arrested the 37-year-old after police tracked his credit card to the hotel, Lapsley said.

Police said Violette, 37, would be held in Washington pending an extradition on a murder charge expected to be filed in Clayton, about 15 miles southeast of Raleigh. The U.S. Marshals Service said an extradition hearing is expected to be held Tuesday.

The mother is not a suspect in the investigation, and Lapsley said police don't expect to make any more arrests.

Police said John Violette quit his job at a home improvement store on Thursday, the News & Observer of Raleigh reported.

Lori McCreary, who lives across the street from the Violette home in Clayton, a suburb about 15 miles southeast of Raleigh, described the family as "very private, but normal."

"They went to church every Sunday. They just seemed like a very happy, normal couple," McCreary said. "This is just so very, very shocking — and devastating."

That woke me up quicker than the coffee this morning.

I can't imagine. Poor mom. How sad.

WTF is the matter with people? Seriously! I always wonder why these people don't just let their children go instead of killing them. Drop them on a neighbor's doorstep. Leave them at a hospital ER. Take them to a church and tell the staff there you are gone. All bad, I know - but far better than chopping off your kid's head or drowning them in a lake.

I hope she's in a better place. I hope the mother finds some peace.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I truly believe there is something called evil in the world. And, this qualifies (along with that woman who microwaved her infant).

Simply, shudderingly awful.
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
      X