Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay

So...I sold something on Ebay...for $5 and...the person who bought it from me can't make payment through paypal. He says it is giving him the 'not allowed' option.

I haven't the foggiest idea of what I'm doing wrong..any suggestions? The person has emailed me several times about it. I don't think he's trying to get out of paying.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Well, is he a new user? They have to get their account verified before being able to use it. Have him send you a postal money order if he can't figure Paypal out. You can cash that at your bank or right at the post office.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

He's not a new user...He has thousands of good reviews too. Am I doing something wrong that you can think of?

kris

Comment

Are you new on Paypal? Is your account active? Do you accept credit cards through Paypal? It may be that he's trying to make a credit card payment and you cannot accept cards.
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

I'm sure the account does. I have no idea what the issue is Maybe I set something up wrong...

kris

Comment

Can you contact paypal and see if they can help figure out what the problem is?
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Kris, any updates?
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

He never paid me. Stupidly, I sent out the package on the same day that he won because I figured that he'd pay within a couple of days Now that he has his item, I am sure that he has no desire to pay me. I had sent him an email asking him to try again and he never responded. Also, he certainly has received the item by now...he could have at least sent me a check.

thief.

I honestly don't see myself selling something on ebay again because I have no way of knowing whether or not my paypal was really broken.

kris

Comment

That sucks Kris! I would write him negative feedback and report him to ebay. Since he had all those good reviews, maybe he'll agree to pay you if you retract your feedback and report so you don't tarnish his credibility. Unless he made up all those reviews; I've heard of that happening. At least it was only $5 but I would be pissed too!

Comment

Kris-

eBay is built on the idea that everyone is essentially good at heart. They take it rather personally when people don't hold up their end of the deal.

Paypal doesn't 'break'. and if there had been an issue, you would have heard directly from paypal.

Contact ebay through customer service and let them know that this is what the guy said and see how they respond. Then, make a negative report.

Jenn

PS- don't give up on eBay altogether just don't ever send something until you have seen the cold hard cash.

Comment

Kris, file an unpaid item dispute on ebay so that he gets a negative strike. I think they boot people off ebay after 2 or 3 unpaid item disputes. I wouldn't necessarily bother with negative feedback if you think he might retaliate. I know it's cowardly but it could damage your reputation.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

That sucks. No matter how big or small the amount of money it is that you lost, it sucks that people feel they can get something for nothing.
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I did something like that once. Not on eBay, but another online site; I got so excited to have made the sale that I jumped the gun. I was selling a pink scarf and promised a $10 donation to Susan G. Komen with the purchase. As soon as I got the notice the sale was made, I didn't even think about looking for the payment -- I made the donation and made plans to send the goods ASAP. But then the buyer came back with, "Oh, I don't need that any more." Say huh? Obviously I'm not really out anything since the donation was to a good cause but the experience soured me on online selling.

But, DH is a Power Seller on eBay and has successfully bought and sold everything (mostly bike-related) under the sun, so obviously once you get the hang of it it's mostly smooth sailing!
                          Alison

Comment

Well, as if on cue, I got paid by this person the day that we were talking about it here last...complete with an apology.

I guess he started to worry that I would report him

At least now I know my paypal works and can try again!

kris

Comment

Oh Good! I know it wasn't much, but I was ticked off for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X