Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

FIVE months to go!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIVE months to go!!!!

I can not believe it--we went home for christmas and husband has decided to take job in home town. Small hospital in small town. He seems very happy-I guess I though he would be taking job a big hospital similar to his residency. I do feel like a weight has been lifted. I have to say it has not been best of times, but we have stuck in out. My big question is--did anyone notice a change in spouse after residency??? I have been reflecting over the last 5 years and how things have changed for us-can residency really change a person. Husband says he has been in "survival mode" and is ready to "live" again. Any input would be great!

Congrats! I have a good friend who is 5th yr surgical resident, and well I couldn't imagine having to work with his schedule, so kuddos to you! Hope your move is smooth sailing!

Comment

Copawife-

We have a whole section devoted to those who are DONE! Once you've had 50 posts, we'll get you in there. In the short term- the answer is YES! 90% or more of them turn back into the people we married. There are different stressors but mostly they turn back in to people again.

Jenn

Comment

thanks for the reply girls

It put a smile on my face. I had a lot of time to think about it last night. Husband is on nights the rest of his time-5 12 hour shifts and believe or not he is very pleasant and sweet???? Either something going on or the light at the end of the tunnel has helped the metamorphorsis begin. I will take it anyway. I could not really sleep so I pulled out pictures and starting looking back-time a went way to fast. I read but I will have to start posting-I guess that I am post shy. Or is it that I think I am to busy. I think that this will fall into new year resolution of REMEMBER THAT I AM A PERSON TOO catagory. Some of you have had the same feelings I am sure-after the mommyhood,working,financial ceo,couselor,godess and public relations director for entire network of family and friends. Good thing that I am woman enough to handle it. Will go now to take on tae-bo tape (another new year resolution) Cancelled membership at gym after attending financial class at church-husbands finds it amusing that at this point I am worried about spending too much money. Might go to fitness forum-from the pictures I can confirm that yes I am a emotional eater-UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
        X