Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hey Crystal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Crystal!

I showed my husband a message that you posted about some anesthesia programs your husband interviewed for. He was wondering if he couls ask you or your husband some questions since he's thinking he wants to do anesthesia. Do you/ Matt mind answering some questions?

If you want you email me and let me know if it would be ok- wkelley2001@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Wendy
    Edited by: wkelley2001  at: 12/2/01 4:48:22 pm

Hi Wendy,

I am sure that Crystal would be a lot of help in regards to anesthesiology because she helped us tons. If I can be of any help, let me know. We are going through the anesthesia interviews now and seeing things a little more from a DO perspective. My husband flies out tomorrow for Portland. Of course, most of the programs he applied to are out west and I know that you are probably wanting to stay put or at least close. Russ does interview in Iowa in January but that is about as far east as we are going.

Out of curiosity, I thought your husband was leaning a completely different direction and had things pretty planned out. Why is he thinking of switching. It is amazing how many people have decided to change to anesthesia recently. One guy from Las Vegas said that there are 40 students in his class applying for anesthesia! Wow!

I wish you all the best! Deciding on a specialty is a tough decision. Good luck!

Robin

Comment

Absolutley! I know my husband will want to know what Russ thinks about some of the programs he's looking at. We are actually looking more east than you are, but not exclusively. We're still a year away from interviews, so I'll keep you in mind as we are deciding which ones to apply. He wants to do an ICU fellowship at the end of it (only another year), so out of consideration for how insane moving makes me, he's only applying to the programs that also have a fellowship. Fortunately, there are lots of those

Dave went through anesthesia and loved it. He was a Respiratory Therapist for 10 years before going to med school, so it isn't really a surprise that he loved anesthesia so much. It's a pretty natural extension of what he loved doing as an RT. He was pretty convinced he wanted to do Peds ICU or Cardiology, until he started really considering the emotional part of it all. Once he did Anes., he was equally convinced that it was the better choice. It would also allow us to live in a smaller city that Peds ICU or Cardio would allow. That part of it makes me happy

Wendy

Comment

Working...
      X