Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Spring Trends 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Trends 2007

Soooo, where are all the yummy spring pastels and brights? Everything for spring seems dark. I see that the sailor type clothing is in, navy stripes and such. But I want SPRING colors! Is it to early for these, or is this spring kinda drab?

"Is it too early for these?"- Yikes, it is still snowing here, and probably won't warm up for months!!! But, I am with you on pastels, considering that pink is my favorite color. Drab be dam*ed- I'm wearing pink whether it is "in" or not.

SIL is marrying in March, and bridesmaid dress is a lovely "ice blue", I think I may branch out and wear this shade more often if I can find it.

Comment

I don't know if the pastels are in this year. J.Crew has their spring preview (not due out until March and April) and the colors look pretty basic. I do love some stripes (and polka dots) so I am so digging this nautical thing. You know what my DD will be wearing. Hope the link works otherwise just go to their home page and their is link (red circle) to their spring preview. And you know me, I wear what I want in whatever color no matter what time of the year it is. I just bought a pink cardigan/shirt thingy yesterday. I'm a BAAAD girl.

http://www.jcrew.com/content/431/springpreview/

Comment

I will not wear pastels. They make even the skinniest me look fat. Why would I do that to myself?

I only wear browns and blacks. I'm cheerful in the inside.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

This spring is all about bold primary colors and big bold prints. No pastels for 2007. Of course everyone is always free to wear whatever.

Comment

So...what's the general opinion on the polka dots? I'm considering ordering a cute long sleeve T-shirt with polka dots (small), bold colors. But dots? That's risky, isn't it? :>

Remember I'm 39.....a hip 39, but 39 none the less.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My vote is to order it. Polka dots are cheery and that is good for spring.

I tend to be a vicarious shopper.

Comment

I think that'll be too many dots. A tank top would be ok, but a long sleeve t-shirt with small dots will hurt your eyes. JCrew had lots of dots in the fall collection, so it'll look a bit outdated. But if you love the shirt, go for it. You should always please yourself first.

Comment

Ahhh...the voice of fashion reason.

Comment

Ahhh...the voice of fashion reason.
                    Where was she when I was in high school??

Of course, you have to factor in that Cleveland is about a season behind NYC...
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

oh boy...I can't even start to think about spring..i think the first bit of snow we have got this winter just arrived last week so i am still trying to get used to that weirdness...

Comment

Working...
                      X