Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

"Is there a doctor in the house?!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vishenka69
    Once back when DH (and all his medical friends) were still in med school we were in a restaurant for my birthday. Suddenly there was commotion at the next table and we saw a man lying on the floor. There were about 15 med school students in our party who all huddled together to discuss. Luckily the EMT showed up about 10 minutes later and the guy turned out ok.
    lol...I had to laugh when I read this because I can just picture a bunch of med students gathered around speculating on what could be the problem. So eager to put the things they are learning to some use...lol

Comment

Originally posted by alison
      When we were in Germany in March, there was a bad accident on the road and dh stopped to help. You have to, if you're able, I believe. And I guess as an anesthesiologist with paramedic training, he felt he had to.
      I was thinking the same thing. In Ireland if you fail to stop and help you can lose your licence. I guess it's pretty much the same all around Europe. Then again, you're not likely to be sued for helping out.

DH will always stop if there's an accident and ask if an ambulance has been called. He hasn't been in a situation where he's had to help out though. Then, I guess it would be easier for him since he's used to handling traumas.
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

What a scary story! I hope it worked out ok!! Did you ever find out what happened?!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC
          Originally posted by alison
          I was thinking the same thing. In Ireland if you fail to stop and help you can lose your licence. I guess it's pretty much the same all around Europe. Then again, you're not likely to be sued for helping out.
          Not true. DH is a 3rd year surgical resident in Italy. We know a pediatrician who was sued when she stopped to help at an accident. Here in Italy, when you pass our boards, they send you a sticker for your car showing that you are an MD. You're not obligated to put it on your car, but it's supposed to help if you are double-parked due to a house-call or driving on a day when they have blocked traffic circulation. BC this Ped had her sticker on her car, the person she helped actually took down her license plate, tracked her through the board, and sued her for malpractice for something she could not control given that she was alone and without supplies.

Comment

Working...
          X