Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the flu

Well, it's not really the flu as in the lung-related illness.

What I have is the full-on gastrto-intestinal disorder. Fabulous for my weight-loss goals, not so great for anything else.

Saturday was spent holed up under two down comforters in the dark (while saying Thanks to the God of Illness that my husband was still in town). Sunday was spent on the couch, under a quilt with my dog while my poor baby lazed around in his jammies and napped every two hours. (luckily my beloved had the flu mist this year)

I know that it's spreading like wildfire here in Texas (probably no coincidence that I spent all day Friday in two different hospitals- germ-laden party spots that they are). I hope everyone else stays bug-free.

I have to say though that my pants look really loose...

jenn

Oh dear. Keep hydrated!!! There is nothing worse than getting really sick as an adult with kids. You just don't *do* that anymore. Somehow, it feels like a total betrayal - and it is usually impossible to just curl up in the fetal position and wait it out. I'm glad that DH is still in town and was home.

Feel better soon.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I hope you feel better soon.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

Ugh, I've had G-I and it SUCKS!!! Good luck and I hope you feel better really soon!!!!

Comment

Oh dear...You poor thing :flowers .
          Hows your little guy holding up?

Wow they said on the news a week ago, that the state health dept was expecting the Flu to hit the valley in 2 weeks...sounds like it's westward march is right on target. The kids have all had their flu shot, but DH & I have not . Damn it I have forgotten to ask for it the last 2Xs I've been to the OB. Oh well, When in MI, I got the shot and @ 40 weeks my husband, my 15 mos old DS and I all had it...I played nurse maid :thud: ...needless to say I called the OB and said "cancel my scheduled C-sec, we have the flu raging in our house." She agreed and allowed me /us to get over it ...thank God DD was not in a hurry to come out. I went to 42 weeks and that was it...We got her out then, and brought her home to a sans flu household!

Comment

Ugggghhhh.

I hope you're on the mend soon, we had a nasty GI bug hit us back in November. I got it on a Sunday morning, and the *only* good thing about it was that DH was home and able to help out. I really have no idea what I would have done if he'd had to work while I was sick, I remember being completely fatigued at one point and unable to pick myself off the floor after lying down to rest.

Feel better soon!!
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Uggh is right!
              I hope you feel better soon!

Comment

yuck - we had it go through our house a couple months ago....I wish you a speedy recovery.
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

ick - feel better FAST!

Comment

I hope you feel better soon....

Comment

yuck!!
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'm so sorry, Jenn. Yuck! But I am so glad that Rick is home, and hopefully this will mean you will be bug-free while he is gone.

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Ugh. Feel better soon.

Comment

Hope your on the mend soon!
                            Needs

Comment

I hope you are back on your feet soon . Stomach bugs are the worst. Yuck!

Comment

Working...
                              X