Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

local TV stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local TV stations

Am I the only one annoyed with local stations taking over the programming and replacing good shows with some stupid basketball or baseball game? I don't care about your stinkin' games. Show them on the public television channel or don't show them live at all. Grr!
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

I hear you loud and clear.

It's even worse now that the Bears are in the Superbowl. The ENTIRE local news is about "how much are you willing to pay for tickets? We have a guy here who is willing to pay $12,000! Sir, let us interview you" or "We're interviewing a guy who will give you free cheese steaks for life if you give him tickets." I could CARE LESS! I hope the Bears LOSE so that I don't have to hear about this and it'll stop taking over the news!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

No joke!

I'm so sick of hearing about stupid stuff like that. It's a little better now that I'm here, but when I lived in Charlottesville and especially Fredericksburg, it was AWFUL. They used to interview antique shop owners in the city when it snowed - wtf?

Comment

I always laugh when I watch television at my parents' place in East Tennessee. The first twenty minutes of the news is comprised of local highschool football news regardless of world events. Seriously, we heard news of Princess Diana's death after a rundown of the local highschool game scores.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by alison

It's even worse now that the Bears are in the Superbowl. The ENTIRE local news is about "how much are you willing to pay for tickets? We have a guy here who is willing to pay $12,000! Sir, let us interview you" or "We're interviewing a guy who will give you free cheese steaks for life if you give him tickets." I could CARE LESS! I hope the Bears LOSE so that I don't have to hear about this and it'll stop taking over the news!
          yeah, you know it is bad when freakin NPR is running a story about how the buildings say "GO BEARS" on them.

(that being said, GO BEARS)
          - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

ITA. I've missed Cold Case way too many times because of games on CBS!

Comment

Our local NBC station still shows the 700 club, there was recently a letter to the editor about that. They also broadcast a local telethon this past weekend over all regular broadcasting.

We can definitely tell the difference in programming since we have moved back to a smaller city in the midwest vs. CA.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We have a mantra in this house "Don't watch the nocal news!" (that's Quinn's pronounciation, and we like it best). I'll stick to CNN or MSNBC. I haven't noticed much in the way of things being pre-empted for local programming ... but I pretty much DVR what I want to watch and watch it when I can.

Comment

Oh I so miss DC where the local news IS National news and the local paper is the Washington Post.

Luckily the San Antonio Express-News is part of the Post family and therefore gets some of the fluffy stuff like the articles from the Food Section and some of the articles from the Travel section. The E-N is a much more conservative paper so rarely to they bother to import the front page stuff. But that's what online papers are for.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                    Oh I so miss DC where the local news IS National news and the local paper is the Washington Post.
                    DH looks forward to the Washington Post (it's his favorite) when we visit my sister.

One thing I could do without over there is all of the political commercials!!! I swear we saw the same ones at least 100 times and we rarely watched TV!

Comment

Originally posted by reciprocity
                      Originally posted by alison

yeah, you know it is bad when freakin NPR is running a story about how the buildings say "GO BEARS" on them.

(that being said, GO BEARS)
                      Dh was on the way to work after the last game, and he said that people would get out of their cars and scream GO BEARS, do a little dance, and get back in their cars when the light turned green.

We need to get out of this city...
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Then don't come to San Antonio when the Spurs win a championship. Holy Crap- we were on I-10 (Major Highway) coming south to go home when we hit total gridlock. People were jumping out of their cars, dancing in the streets, shooting guns off in the neighborhoods (and probably on I-10, too) little kids were running around.

It was surreal.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X