Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The little black dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I went to target, and they had NOTHING that they had online.

But, I went to Kohls and found this:

http://www.kohls.com/products/product_p ... 9575928852

Only it's all black and not patterned. What do you think. It's an XL, and it seems to fit. As long as I wear shapewear underneath, it looks nice. I don't know about the sleeves though as far as a wrap or anything else. The sleeves were my least favorite part.

Maybe I should try it on and show you all a horrible picture of me?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I like it. Now let's hear it from the fashionistas.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

I kind of like the sleeves - it's nice detail. Still, I'd like to see a pic.

But would you be mad if I said it didn't wear well on you? I'm a very honest person but all in good spirit.

Comment

I am also a little concerned about the bustiness. I need a new shaper to wear with this I think. Oh, and I suck at taking pictures of myself. I tried.

I hate this!!! I need someone to just dress me.

Comment

Heidi, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Have you tried Old Navy dress on? I think those sleeves are bit more comfortable. What about a black skirt and a black top? Would you feel more comfortable in that? Would it be easier to shop for?

Comment

You are all allowed to be honest as long as you realize that I am NO size 2!

I am a big girl (really all of you with your PMs telling me that I am lying), and I am not going to be able to magically change my size. So, just be cognicent of that. I am big, and I don't think anything looks good on me.

I reserve the right to yank these pictures at any time.

Comment

Heidi what about this sweater with a skirt you have ??? Several colors and it looks very flattering

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.d ... =460729002

Comment

I don't like the sleaves on it, to high, IMO

Comment

Heidi,
                    I think the dress looks nice but you definitely need to tame those tatas especially at an LDS wedding.

That said you should wear whatever you will feel confortable in. I know you feel like you're "BIG" but really you carry your weight well. My mother feels the same way. People are blown away when they hear how much she weighs. They look at her like she's crazy in disbelief. And to be honest, I think it's the brainwashing that us girls get. Whether I am a 14 (which I have been post partum) or a 2/4 I still think I look horrible in everything. I think you would look great in this dress especially with some funky accessories.

Comment

Heidi these are really cute

http://www.avenue.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 0000000326

Comment

You could add a cream or white camie, via Davita's suggestion

Comment

Seriously, I get so depressed about these things. It makes me just feel worse about my body. I really don't want to go out shopping anymore.

Everytime I go I have to lug 1-2 kids with a dh who is in another city and friends who have no idea how to help me because they all are size 0's and shop in the Ann Taylor Petite section.

I think a sweater would be too casual.

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky
                            Yeah, all those 6'0" tall chicks with normal (and not totally out of control racks) look okay in those dresses. I have been to Avenue, and their selection isn't that big.

Sorry, I am getting snippy. It's not you. I am just sick of being me.

Comment

Ahh Heidi you look fine! You have a waist and a nice shape!!!

Hair, Makeup and a smile help a lot too

I'm 5'1" btw so nothing fits, even petite verges to long sometimes. Which is why I have so few skirts, they never look right

eta - the comment on the sleaves isn't about your arms, just when I get sleaves like that they are never comfy on me, just had to clarify. Really you should keep it, do you have some heels to wear with it?

Comment

I think the dress looks good on you. You have nice curves in all the right places and you have *beautiful* legs. You'll look great at the wedding wearing that dress with a couple of bright accessories and a nice hairdo.
                                Cristina
                                IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                                X