Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The little black dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the dress looks great - I don't think the front is too revealing at all. With the right accessories (purse, earrings, shoes) it is more than fine for a wedding IMO.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I like the dress...and agree you have beautiful legs!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Heidi, regardless of how you feel about your weight/body, you got great legs and cleavage. I think the dress looks great, the faux wrap in the mid section is very flattering. Get a wrap if you feel subconcious about your arms and don't forget about colorful accessories.

Comment

btw I'm totally jealous that you have cleavage!

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
            Heidi, regardless of how you feel about your weight/body, you got great legs and cleavage. I think the dress looks great, the faux wrap in the mid section is very flattering. Get a wrap if you feel subconcious about your arms and don't forget about colorful accessories.
            Thank you. How does a wrap around the midsection look? I don't even know what this is. I have a black wrap, but I don't know how to wear it.

And, what can I accessorize with this dress? I have shoes. I am wearing them in the one picture. They are open toe sling backs with 1 1/2 inch heels (plenty for me - I'm 5'9").
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
              Originally posted by Vishenka69
              Thank you. How does a wrap around the midsection look? I don't even know what this is. I have a black wrap, but I don't know how to wear it.

And, what can I accessorize with this dress? I have shoes. I am wearing them in the one picture. They are open toe sling backs with 1 1/2 inch heels (plenty for me - I'm 5'9").
              I mean the faux wrap style of the dress (it drapes around a bit). As for the black wrap/shawl, just drape it around your shoulders and let it slide a bit over your arms, that way the shoulder-to-elbow portion will be covered. What's your favorite color? Get a bag and jewerly in that color.

Comment

I like the dress on you!
                Needs

Comment

I like it too, Heidi.

I think the sleeves are a little too short - but that's the dressmaker's fault. The wrap looks very flattering on a curvy type -- I should know.

Are you concerned about the cleavage issue? That could change things. Kohl's has some great stuff. Lots of wrap dresses this season. They do fit differently from one another, so if you don't like this one, you could always go back and try on a few more.

If you lived nearby, I'd let you raid my closet. I have a few magical black dresses that I refuse to let go - and I'm betting you'd fit in a few of them.
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I love the dress, Heidi. I like the sleeves too. If you drap the black wrap/shawl over your shoulders with those heels and a colorful bag and earring (a la the green ones I posted on page one - especially with your eyes), I think you will look fabulous!!

If you are unsure or uncomfortable with the cleavage, wear a lower cut black camisol underneath, maybe even one with some lace detail on it.
                    http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/p ... pagesize=3

I think the dress looks GREAT and it is slimming. I know you aren't size 2, but that doesn't mean you can't be a stylish mama. As my mother has gained weight, I've helped her adjust her style to her new body. It's just about shapes, cuts, and fabrics and you'll learn.

Comment

That dress looks great on you, Heidi!!

Comment

Thank you everyone.

So, let me get this straight. The dress, with the sleeves, I can still wear a wrap with it? Won't that look stupid? I thought wraps were for sleeveless dresses only.

I am totally fashion retarded.

What's your favorite color? Get a bag and jewerly in that color.
                        Is silver a color?
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I think silver is a color. But I encouraged Angie to buy a polka dot shirt.
                          The dress looks great. I agree about the sleeves but it isn't too big a deal, IMO.

Comment

It's chilly, it's a religious wedding and you don't (yet) love your arms. There comes a time in every girls life when practicality must occasionally win.

Jenn

(the girl who wore her cow fur leopard printed Birkenstocks to work today...)

Comment

The wrap will be fine. You can always let it hang on your elbows. Silver is a color, so if you already have silver accessories, go for it! If not, I'd branch out to a different color, but pick whatever makes you most comfortable.

You are going to look stunning!

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                                (the girl who wore her cow fur leopard printed Birkenstocks to work today...)

i love my birks...all 5 pairs of them.

ETA, heidi you look great! love the dress...and i dont think you are as big as you think.
                                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                                X