Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The little black dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heidi-

I think the dress looks great!! I also agree with (geez, can't remember who posted it), but they said if you felt uncomfortable about your chest , to add a black lace camisole. I think a little black lace peeking out would look hot. Although, since this is a wedding, and not hot date night with DH, maybe just a plain black cami would be better.

As someone who is a 32barelyA (that's not a misprint folks, sad, but true), I am jealous of your cleavage, as well. To acheive anything remotely near that kind of cleavage requires socks, double-sided tape, and awkward movements!

I think with some cool accessories, this outfit will look totally classy and modern.

And I agree with everyone else, you are not as big as you make yourself out to be. You look ALOT like my sister, I think you are even 5'8" like her. I think my sister is incredibly beautiful, even though she gets down about her size. She looks totally hot when she gets dressed up, and everyone I know agrees.

Comment

Heidi,

I think you look fantastic. I love the dress on you. I don't think it's too low cut for an LDS wedding. I agree with everyone else, play it up with some color like a nice bright shade of blue and green or some other color that will pop.

Good luck on your decision.
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Heidi, you look great! In fact, I like the dress much better on you than I did in the picture - - its a perfect dress for a woman with a rack!!

Is there a way to cut the dangly things at the sleeves? Or do you think they add something to the dress? My bias is that I like cuts that are super-simple and for most women, the upper arm area does better without too much extra detail there (unless you are a total stick or serious swimmer or whatnot). But, even with the dangly things at the arms, I think it looks very good.

Comment

Chiming in a little late, but I think the best accessory is ..... your confidence! You look fabulous! Wear your dress with confidence and you'll look great regardless of which shoes or shawl you wear!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

You all are so kind. Truly, you have no idea. This is so hard for me. I borrowed some things and raided my jewelry too. These are the offerings. Help me decide.

I have the two wraps and the one clutch bag. I really don't want to buy anything else if I can help it. We aren't oozing money out of our eyeballs if you know what I mean.

All of the jewelry looks better in person than in the photos, but I am not a photographer either.

Earrings e and f are green and match necklace C. All of them have a hint of blue in them and go well with the green wrap. I like the blue earrings, but they are a bit different than anything else I have, but I tend to like blue the best. If I were choosing myself without help, I would go with the black wrap, the black bag, necklace b, and earrings h. No color there. I am so boring, and I do not like to stand out. I feel like the elephant in the room most of the time anyway.

So, if you got to choose my accessories from these shown, what would you choose?
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I like F and C for jewelry - - I love the green/yellow color with a black dress, I think pearls can make a black dress look too somber. For the wrap, I suck at visualizing, I think either would fine (the green matches with the F&C jewelry but I really like the simplicity of the black wrap).

Comment

If you're going for a colorful wrap, then go easy on the jewerly. If you like blue, then go with the blue earrings (G) and skip the necklace. If you'd prefer the black wrap, then I'd suggest necklace C and E/F for earrings. What do you feel more comfortable in?

If you have time, you can post pics of dress and both wraps to give us a better idea.

Comment

I would pick everything you did sans necklace. I would also consider earrings F sans necklace. (They were my favorite.)

Comment

C& F for jewelry &go w/ the black wrap
                    If you want to go w/ the green wrap then go w/ more subdued jewelry.
                    It's the same when it comes to make up...if you go w/ a dramatic/smokey eye, you do a paler lip, or a bold lip and a softer eye.

You just want to avoid one detracting from the other since they are so close together. The green jewelry won't stand out as well w/ the green wrap...
                    it will however "pop" w/ the black wrap!

Your gonna be such a babe...bride beware :>

Comment

black wrap, green jewelry...necklace C and earrings E
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I agree....Black wrap (are the blacks Ok that close?) and C and E...you will be beautfiul!!!

Comment

Back to me, me, me! It's all about me! :>

Anyway, so I did a dress rehearsal, and I think the green wrap wins. The black one makes me look thicker because it adds more of the same fabric color, I think. The green one breaks it up.

Comment

Agreed. I liked the green one to start with anyway! it looks fabulous!

When is this shindig anyway?
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
                              Agreed. I liked the green one to start with anyway! it looks fabulous!

When is this shindig anyway?
                              Saturday. I'll be in Atlanta all weekend (mostly at Trader Joes and Ikea...I am going this time!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                                Definitely the green!!!

You look fantastic, Heidi.
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X