Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What does it say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it say...

...that so many of us are online right now? Obviously none of us care what Bush is babbling about right now.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

:>

That's right...his state of the Union..
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'll read the transcripts- although I may just have to take a peek to see how everyone is behaving themselves. Big to-do in DC because Mayor Fenty said no thanks to Laura and is hanging with Nancy and the MD Gov Martin O'Malley.

Jenn

Comment

DH is busy with a woodworking project so this is my chance to get caught up on posts. Bush Shmush!

Comment

DH is out of town and I put the boys to bed at 7:45 . I think w/all of the impending travel their bedtime is going to be permanently bumped up.

Comment

I hate him and cannot stand to listen to him anymore.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                I hate him and cannot stand to listen to him anymore.
                I think my dad said the very same thing!
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Advice...?

I like Bush and admire his resolve to get the job done in Iraq. Should I steer clear of the politics discussions here? I am new to the Website and I don't want to alienate people. I won't take it personally--it's better to know than to participate but then get the cold shoulder...

Comment

You'll find some kindred souls here. None are on right now and I'm certainly not in any kind of place to admire anything at all about Bush and Iraq...

Jenn

ETA: Pollyanna, Mommax3, Cheri, Stella, Tabula Rasa are just some of our more conservative members. That's not to say that some of them are less than thrilled (wiat- that's a double negative. but you all now what I mean. I'm delirious. No wine for six days now.) with the way things are going. Don't bring up Bush's spending with Pollyanna. It makes her heart palpitate as it should any good conservative.

Luanne, Kris and I are the Seriously Flaming Liberals although I think Luanne and I are So Far Left that we've nearly had to be sedated through the last six years. Well, no I take that back, we've self-medicated nicely. Just ignore any spelling errors that occur after 9pm.

Comment

Re: Advice...?

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                      I like Bush and admire his resolve to get the job done in Iraq. Should I steer clear of the politics discussions here? I am new to the Website and I don't want to alienate people. I won't take it personally--it's better to know than to participate but then get the cold shoulder...
                      Definitley stick around and post a bunch in the debate forum...we need some vocal *righties* to even us out. There are plenty of republicans on board here..most of them are not very vocal though (probably because they feel like they've been buttmunched after we chew them up and spit them out :> )

Woohooo...please...join in!!!!! But...don't take our anti-bush stuff personally!

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

no! stay here and post. im a middle of the road girl... married to a conservative, bush loving, x-army republican, who disagrees with the war.

the people here have led me to many discussions with my dh....ones that really get him going. :>

i would like to add jenn P. to jenn H's list of liberals.
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

OK. Thanks for the info. I generally try to be respectful, although I might flare up every now and again.

But if I am going to jabber socially, I probably will just make everyone suffer with stories about my little guy! He's two. We're hanging out tonight watching the speech before he goes to bed. Before the speech started, we saw the FoxNews logo appear on the TV screen. My guy is used to watching the news and seeing the logo at 5:00 PM (Central)--the evening news anchored by Brit Hume. So when Chris Wallace showed up instead of Brit Hume for commentary before the speech, my little guy demanded, "Where Bit Ooom??! Mommy, where Bit Ooom? Miss Bit Ooom, Mommy." He sat down on the kitchen floor, looking dejected, like his understanding of the world had been rocked.

I am not sure what concerns me more: that we CLEARLY are watching too much TV news, or that my son has a preferred news anchor. Either way, I think I need to rethink some of my parenting...

Comment

my kids tell me they want to watch the news...FOX news. such their fathers children.
                            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Sylvia-

I swear to god you make it impossible to hve a decent discussion.

and you KNOW that's totally a better picture than the nekked beckham.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X