Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ode to Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ode to Tab

I love the stuff. I found a grocery store here who stocks it 2 12 packs at a time. Every time I see it, I buy both cases & make sure the cashier rings it up right so they'll know to order more (it never comes up w/a simple scan).

I loved it back in the '80's. I hate stuff w/nutrasweet b/c it gives me a headache. Good ol' sacchrin lets me drink diet soda w/o head pain!! Yippiee!

My kindergarten teacher used to drink this stuff and always had a can on one of the counters. Apparently, I asked her where her "t-a-b, Tab" was because it was missing from the counter. She did a big . She was so surprised that I could read the label!

Of course, the same girl who could read in kindergarten was also mooning the boys in class.

They haven't changed the retro look of the can, have they?!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

nope - nothing has changed. they introduced a "power drink" under the Tab name earlier this year and I was so excited -- but it was truly disgusting.

Comment

What's Tab? I've never heard of it. Pic?

Comment

here is a link. my mom used to love this stuff. I can never remember how to post pics so I hope this helps.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Tab+s ... art=0&sa=N
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

What does it taste like? I don't think I've ever seen it in a store.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
              LOL!

Three things go together from the 70s:

Candies, Tab, and Tickle deoderant.
              I did have Candies, but never Tickle deodorant. I was a "Love's Baby Soft" girl.

Vishenka - I don't think I could describe it. It's a lovely cocktail of artificial flavors and sweeteners with carbonation. Makes you want to run out and get some .... right?

Comment

I remember one of my super cool babysitters drinking Tab. I'm sure she was wearing Candies and Bonnie Bell lipgloss.

Comment

Bonnie Bell is based in Cleveland. I got to go on a tour when I was a kid. Oh memories .... light the corners of my mind ....

Comment

Speaking of 70s/80s lipglosses , what was the lip gloss that came in the little metal tins w/ the sliding lid??

Comment

I don't know which lip gloss that is... Metal tin... Hmmm.

I do remember Lee press-on nails, banana clips (my hair was too thick for them), Bonnie Bell, jelly shoes.

Oh, and in gradeschool: Swatch Watches, "Spumoni" shirts, Esprit bags.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I like Tab but I can't drink it. No aspartame for this girl.

Shout out to Bonnie Bell, banana clips, jelly shoes, Swatch, scrunchies, crimpers, Bedazzlers, and Lisa Frank.

Comment

Stella, that is the beauty of Tab -- no aspartame. Saccharin, baby.

I remember that lip gloss, pinkpickles but I don't remember the name. Was it icecream flavors? I know I had vanilla.

Comment

I remember that lip gloss, pinkpickles but I don't remember the name. Was it icecream flavors? I know I had vanilla.
                            I remeber having bubble gum & green apple...I can't for the life of me remember the name??

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                              I remeber having bubble gum & green apple...I can't for the life of me remember the name??
                              I remember that too - but can't think of the name!
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X