Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My favorite hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite hour

So, what are your secret little escapes during the day?

When I'm at work, I put the Washington Post up on the screen and follow the live politics discussion. Every day at 11EST. It's like it's my own little window back to DC. LOVE IT and I try to make sure that I don't have any meetings scheduled. I refresh the page every few minutes and see what's going on!

Jenn

Lurking here!

And I just moved cubes so that I can look out of the window.

I work "offsite" and have to take a shuttle to get to the main hospital. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes. I usually leave my office such that I "miss" one shuttle and have to wait for the next. I sit on a bench and read a magazine while I'm waiting for the next shuttle.

It's the little things that get me through the day!
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

My secret escape during the work day? iMSN! And People.com. And ebay. And bluefly.com. and dogforums.com.

I also love my ten minute breakfast when I get in. I usually have Ezekial toast with Organic PB, some fruit, and a coffee. It's a nice break before I have to hit the ground running. I'm so over working...

Comment

I forgot about breakfast! I always bring my breakfast to work and cook it here! That is 20 minutes of 'wasted' time right there!
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Yep, me too - my escape during the day is iMSN. I didn't used to be able to get to it, our firewall blocked it but now I can.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I realized the other day that my "peaceful time" can really only come at the gym. If I'm bouncing up and down in the water, that means the boys are playing in the kid gym, and I don't need to worry.

I'm going to check out that Washington Post thing you mentioned Jenn. I think that would be terribly interesting (and probably terribly infuriating at the same time!).

My favorite time of the day though - is 1st thing in the morning. Quinn always ends up in bed w/me by morning, but the 1st thing Jacob does when he wakes up is come and climb in bed w/me to cuddle. I know these days are fleeting, and I really try to soak up the love and cuddles now.

Comment

My escapes during the day are Naptime #1 and Naptime #2, and then the entire evening after DS goes to bed. I usually come here, catch up on email, read a book or magazine, or watch TV.
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

One hour dog walk in the morning. Ahhhh. Bliss. I'm exercising so it's considered productive time. But really......it's downtime. After that, I feel very responsible for filling up my kid free hours with "work". I'm on several different volunteer things and I'm doing community ed teaching, so I usually end up involved in more than I can actually do in that time. I'm always behind on something -- but then if they don't like it, they can always fire me. :>

I wish I could just kick back on my time off.....but I don't let myself. *sigh* My problem.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Shopping blitz during lunch.

Comment

My new favorite time is during naptime when I exercise (and don't veg out in front of the computer -- on this site usually!!! ) I do 20 minutes cardio and do 20 minutes of upperbody lifting -- while watching Top Chef on Bravo -- the current season. If I'm exercising I don't feel guilty about any of the crap I like to watch. I do this about 3 times a week but it depends on DS's nap...sometimes he wakes up early or never actually sleeps so it cuts my time short a bit.

I usually read for at least 20 minutes before bed. I love that time. I sit there in my huge Cal King bed and feel like I've escaped to The Four Seasons for a night with DH!
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Happy Hour?!

Of course, that would imply that I actually have a life and make it to an establishment serving adult drinks in something more than a plastic cup.

Comment

Between The Wiggles and Go, Baby, I get about 25 minutes of time where DD is not in my hair or destroying anything. I use that time to eat breakfast and check my email.

Comment

...is in the morning when dh has the day off and we lie in bed and chitchat.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                          X