Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

am I nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I nuts?

Barbaro was put to sleep today.

I was eating lunch at a sports bar (DON'T ASK!), and saw the story come up on one of the tvs. I was really hoping he'd pull through. I got attached to that horse.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

HEY!

I don't know how it happened either! I went with my good "Stanford" friend and his partner. We talked about tennis and figure skating.

Comment

It gets better!

Comment

We talked about why they don't show figure skating at those bars...
          And Serena Williams' green dress.

And Barbaro...

Comment

I thought the Barbaro story was very sad as well - now your conversation in a sports bar...that might be nuts.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

HEY!

Comment

You're not nuts, I got a little choked up too!

Comment

Ummm, completly in the dark here....will have to go google!

Comment

I wiki'd too! I thought it was the horse that broke his leg, but I wasn't sure....and geez I didn't know about all the problems with laminitis and healing and all. Those were some damn good anesthesiologists keeping that horse alive through all those surgeries!!
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

If you're nuts then so am I. I was bummed to see the news as well. Poor guy.

Comment

Those were some damn good anesthesiologists keeping that horse alive through all those surgeries!!
                        I guess when you worth millions and can earn millions you'll get the best!
                        I wondered if they stored/froze his siemen.I have seen stories on Real Sports and Dirty Jobs how this is a huge money making business, for thorough-bread owners of retired / injured winning race horses.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                          Those were some damn good anesthesiologists keeping that horse alive through all those surgeries!!
                          I guess when you worth millions and can earn millions you'll get the best!
                          I wondered if they stored/froze his siemen.I have seen stories on Real Sports and Dirty Jobs how this is a huge money making business, for thorough-bread owners of retired / injured winning race horses.
                          IVF is not allowed in horse racing, so they could "create" little Barbaros but they couldn't race - not sure if they could then father a racer or not.

Comment

I thought that thoroughbreds had to be live cover...meaning no artificial insemination....
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
                              I thought that thoroughbreds had to be live cover...meaning no artificial insemination....
                              That may be, I just remember them mentioning it in the racing sense right after he was injured.

Comment

Working...
                              X