Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Lock bumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock bumping

At first I thought this was only a way to increase their sales, but then I did a quick online search and I found out that this is a real threat. Oh my!

http://www.peiferlock.com/alert-bump-keys.htm
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

indeed. Here's a more in depth article.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/24/the- ... re-part-i/
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

I've got one of those too....but mine is usually jumping.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Mine wouldn't attack unless the attacker brought his dog, too.

Comment

What a cutie! I often wonder if my dogs would do anything. They sound fierce but a tennis ball or a t-r-e-a-t could be a distractor.

Sorry to hiiiijack - back to the thread ...
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

My dog sounds fierce too, until you see her. She'd probably go home with anyone willing to pet her.
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                I think I've said it before, but my dog looks scarier than he is. If you broke into my house with a balloon, that dog would head for the hills.
                Hahaha.... same here!!! Or a vacuum!

Comment

My dog sounds scary from the outside of the house, but as soon as someone comes in the door she's all over them.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My dog sounds scary, looks scary and jumps on everyone. I'm working on that. (He's only one.....so it's youth, right? That's my running excuse.) He's part Shephard and he's got some decent police dog skills.....like knocking down an suspect (me) and disabling them (also me).

I tried jogging with him and he ended up breaking my wrist in his obvious glee. He totally body slammed me on a running trail the first day out. It was just too exciting apparently. Now, I just walk with him running like a maniac through the woods. At least I know he'd take out an intruder, even if he just meant to play with him.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

I'm still not sold on the dog thing. I think I'd rather get a Russian lock. They look like a smaller version of a bolt and much harder to break or open.

Comment

Thanks, Lily. I'm working on it. He's loads better. I did give up on letting him run around in our fenced yard alone. He likes to patrol the fence and bark menacingly. He's managed to jump the 4 foot fence a few times too. After we got the "threatening dog" letter from the utility company I made a more secure fenced area in the back of the house and committed to the monster sized (4-5 mile) walk on the hiking trails each day. The exercise takes him down several notches.

We have this strange harness that really stopped his pulling habit. Lately, since few other people are crazy enough to walk in this weather, I've been letting him run off leash. It's a lot easier on me in the deep snow - but I think it makes him more "wild". I try to only do that a few days in a row. Otherwise, he's back to his old wolf-y habits.

I do agree with the Dog Whisperer's idea that a walk is a great way to establish a relationship with your dog. He can tell when I've got my tunes on....or when I'm chatting with a friend. He's much better behaved if I devote that time to him. (And it does seem to last all day!)
                        Angie

Comment

Before I would ever think about following the Dog Whisperer's advice I would recommend an Easy Walk harness. Molly used to pull to no end but walking her on this is a BREEZE - its fabulous!

http://www.premier.com/pages.cfm?id=74

Comment

Maybe that 's what we have. Whatever it is.......it's magic. As soon as it goes on, he doesn't pull at all. It's relatively hard to find, though. They only carry it here at the PetSmart.
                            Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
                              Maybe that 's what we have. Whatever it is.......it's magic. As soon as it goes on, he doesn't pull at all. It's relatively hard to find, though. They only carry it here at the PetSmart.
                              Yep, it is like magic - we tried the gentle leader that goes on the head and it didn't work, but this must have the right pressure points or something. I can walk her and barely hang on to the leash, she doesn't pull AT ALL!

Comment

Working...
                              X