Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pop-Tarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop-Tarts

Does anyone feed this junk to their kids (ummmm...besides me? ) I bought a couple of packs about a month ago when they were on sale at the grocery store as a sort of...fun afterschool surprise snack..and my oldest child loves them. He wants them every morning now for breakfast and...I need someone to tell me that if I cave I wouldn't be the only mom in the world to do so

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I went through a phase where I ate them every morning for breakfast. I turned out ok.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I still like them. I go through phases when I eat two every day for weeks and then can't look at them for a few months. I count the filling as one serving of fruit.

Comment

I always got the smores....and sometimes I would tear off the 'crust' and throw it away and just eat the part with the filling. Yes I am the one who's mom fed her chocolate sandwiches as a kid.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

my kids wont eat them.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I don't like them either. I actually do eat fiber cereal and fruit for breakfast.

Comment

My kids enjoy the Brown Sugar Cinnamon the best and during the last two pregnancies, I went through a phase where I had to have them for breakfast.
              Needs

Comment

I can't stand them- but loved them as a kid. They weren't regular morning fare but treats on vacation and the like.

Jenn

Comment

My kids aren't all that into Pop-Tarts, either. I'm sure they'd eat 'em occasionally if I'd buy 'em, but I don't buy them unless we're going on a road trip and need something quick and easy in the car.

No, I'm not the Nutrition Nazi, I just try to have good choices around for the kids.

Comment

I used to love S'mores Pop Tarts too. I haven't had those in SO long.

But now I'm like Miss November and have those fiber cereals for breakfast.

I'm not too healthy though...

(I've been making s'mores in the oven though as a dessert all winter!)

Comment

I love them - don't buy them that often but when I do I'm the only one that eats them. The rasberry ones are my favorite!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw

I make them on my gas stove. And as long as we are being honest, I never make it very far past the toasted marshmallow part.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                          Originally posted by Ravenclaw

I make them on my gas stove. And as long as we are being honest, I never make it very far past the toasted marshmallow part.
                          They're way too easy to make and too hard to resist!

Comment

My kids and I LOVE them, especially strawberry, brown sugar cinnamon, and S'mores. DH, however, about has a a stroke if he sees them in the cabinet, so we don't have them. They are full of fat, I have to admit. (Everything I love is either full of fat or full of sugar.) DH *is* a total nutrition Nazi. If I was thin, I would blow it off, but since I am not......I go along with it, including his "rule" that the breakfast cereals we buy have to have less than 6 grams of sugar per serving.

Sally
                            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

DH has always been somewhat health conscious, i.e. looking at fat grams/serving. I taught him a few of my diet tips like looking at sugar and fiber content and now he eats healthier than me. I wish I had more willpower.

Comment

Working...
                              X