Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joes Creamy Cilantro Dressing - HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trader Joes Creamy Cilantro Dressing - HELP

Okay, so I already posted this in my blog, but due to lack of response, the open forum begging shall commence.

Please help a gal out! My husband has been looking for a creamy cilantro dressing for YEARS, literally.

So, we found one at Trader Joes. They were sold out of it when we went, and we couldn't get any.

The nearest Trader Joes to me is a solid 4 hour drive away.

I mean, I suppose I could make a creamy cilantro salad dressing, but I don't want to, and I have heard that this one is really good. So please, any of you ladies that are lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's by you, (OMG, I could live in that store. Better than sex if you ask me.) could you find it in your heart to package up and send me a bottle or two?

I will of course pay for the dressing and shipping. If there is anything else from there you think I have to have, please let me know, and I will probably need to get some of that too!

So, can anyone help me out? My husband will really think I'm something special if I manage to get some. :dance

I am so excited they are getting one in Charlotte, but not until the end of the year. Anyway, when they do get their Trader Joes, I might be up there weekly.

Help!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Heidi I live 5 min or less from one (sorry not try to made you jealous ) I'm up for a trip to stock up on some stuff. I'd be more than happy to send you some, come to think of it I have some orders I have to return that requires a trip to the post office.

Comment

Sounds like a nice Valentine's Day present Heidi! (Or at least a nice surprise for dinner!)

I'm always willing to do a TJs run for anyone desperate too. It isn't far from me here.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Thank you. It is supposed to stay refrigerated. Any thoughts on the best and cheapest way to ship?

Comment

Inside a ziplic baggy with ice in it overnight? I dunno.

Comment

Via ground shipping I would assume. We could do a check to see who would be cheaper Ohio or Missouri if you would like

um...how much do you want?

Comment

oh it's chilled... would dry ice work in a box, I totally have no clue but tell me what to do, go ahead a boss me around

Comment

when I order ice cream from Cincinnati, they ship it in a styrofoam container with dry ice, and it shows up as hard as a rock (maybe they super chill it before shipping too, I dunno) so that should work fine.
                - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

I would definitely research the best shipping method. Something to think about when using dry ice: Is it in a glass/plastic bottle? If it froze would it change the consistency? Would the container burst?

Comment

My mom has FedEx overnighted me some stuff from Seattle. Since it's winter, if you do it that way, there really isn't too much to worry about. At most, it's not in a fridge for 15-20 hours. In most places in the country it's cold, and the airplanes that the stuff flies in are really cold too.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

From the things I have read, since it is refrigerated, dry ice isn't a good way to go, but blue ice or gel packs are. Maybe even stolen hospital ice packs. LOL

So maybe overnight one or two bottles of the dressing with cheap store ice packs that are frozen. Pad it and put it in a bubble envelope or box stamped with FRAGILE. Small and cheap as possible.

It comes in glass bottles as far as I know.

Chad better appreciate this.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                        My mom has FedEx overnighted me some stuff from Seattle. Since it's winter, if you do it that way, there really isn't too much to worry about. At most, it's not in a fridge for 15-20 hours. In most places in the country it's cold, and the airplanes that the stuff flies in are really cold too.
                        That's a good point. I bet overnighting would be fine.

Comment

My mom doesn't put any ice in her boxes. She did once, and the wetness from the ice packs made for a soggy box. I was surprised her package made it. By now, she just skips the ice. Packs the stuff snugly in a small box, and then sends it off in the last overnight pick-up for the day. It's usually from fridge to me in less than 15 hours.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

You could always put the bottles between packages of frozen corn or something. Chilly and padded!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the refridgeration. My cousin shipped me bacon monthly last year, and would toss a couple ice packs in one of those little styrofoam containers. Stella's idea of the frozen veggies is good, too. Their sweet corn is delish!

Comment

Working...
                              X