Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Awesome Weekend Plans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Weekend Plans...

Just an inspirational post on the perks of being done...

Thomas is giving a pharm sponsored talk this weekend at a central mn ceu conference, and we are being put up in a hotel for the weekend, with meals paid and a full (free) childcare program for the kids Friday and Saturday!!1 Yippee..While the kids dine on Pizza, do crafts and swim in the pool at the Holiday Inn, we'll be having dinner in the restaurant, etc....

I can hardly wait!

Kris
    Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

ooooh, what fun! i love staying in hotels! it's nice to know that there are things to look forward to after this residency!

Comment

Hey, can I crash the party?

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

What a FABULOUS weekend we had!!!! They put us up on Friday night and we stayed all day Saturday ... into the night.

They had childcare on site and the kids absolutely had a BLAST!!!!!!! It was so much fun to watch them...they swam all day Friday and Saturday while I supervised, had the supervised childcare "parties" Friday night and Saturday night (The big pizza gala)...it was AWESOME..truly...and I got so many cool free drup rep gifts...hehehe...

We had a real blast...can't wait to do this again. The hotel was right near us but it had a kid's activity center in it that included several children's swimming pools, a castle made of blocks!, those play areas like you find at McD's etc, etc....It was so neat for the kids...I think we're going to go there for a few days during spring break...what the heck...why fly somewhere and spend a ton of money when you can do the same thing in your own backyard!

Kris

Comment

oooh - sounds like so much fun! did they have room service? i'm so happy that your family had a great time! don't you just love staying in hotels? when is the next conference?

Comment

Claudia, let me tell you what I LOVE most about staying in hotels

1. Room Service

2. I DON'T have to vaccum, clean, make beds, etc...(though I confess that I do actually straighten the room and make the beds up before they come to clean so they won't think that I am the slob that I am But I don't HAVE to!)

3. NO CLUTTER...I love that there is no clutter...we don't have all of our junk lying around..kids toys, our books and papers....it is clutter-free..at least when we first check in!

4. Swimming pools for the kids and grown-ups to play in!

5. Free little bottles of shampoo and soap...

6. Watching those movies that you pay for on the tv...(We've seen a bunch of different good ones..even if they are a bit expensive!

Well, the list could go on and on...yes I really LOVE staying in hotels, and so does Finny....Thomas doesn't enjoy it as much because there are 5 people in one little room!

There is another one next year...I can't wait!!!!! The best part of this is that we got it all for free, plus Thomas was paid $750 for his one hour talk They asked him to give two presentations next year...so..........woohoo!!!

Kris

Comment

Kris,

Next year spring for a suite - the kids in a connecting room to you & Thomas!!!!

Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Well, I found out today that they have an annual family membership...$200 and you can come in and use their facilities any day but Saturday...swimming, play areas, etc...and that they also have specials on their suites during the week...$80/night....which isn't too bad if you consider that many hotels cost that for a night w/o the perks....

We're considering a family membership! At least we'd have someplace to go with the kids during the winter....the only thing I worry about is burnout....that maybe we'll go a few times and it will be boring...and $200 IS a lot of money.

Kris

Comment

Working...
                X