Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iPod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod question

i got dh an iPod for a gift. do i have to get the "docking station" to go with it? or can he download w/o one?

keep it simple please...im not too techy.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

No, you shouldn't need a docking station to download songs. The iPod should come with a USB cable, where you can plug one end into the computer and the other into the iPod.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

really? it comes with a cable? in the tiny little box...i dont think i saw one.

Comment

Really? Between DH and I, we've bought an iPod, an iPod Nano, and an iPod Shuffle and they've all come with the USB cable. Are you sure??
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

no...im not sure ...i'll have to look.

thanks, jane.

Comment

okay, i just read the fine print. it includes the earphones and a USB.

phew! now i dont have to run out and get the docking station.

thank you!!

Comment

uh...whats that? dh is the tech savy one...i guess he will figure that part out?? is that what you pay for..to get the music and tv shows?

(*gag* he really, really wanted it so he could listen to *cough, gag, cough* Rush)

Comment

I beleive it will walk him through it the first time he plugs the iPod into the computer - but yes, iTunes is the software used to interface the songs on your computer with your iPod. The software is free though the songs are not.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Lily, thanks for posting that link. That's really cheap.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

I use Limewire and then just import them to my iTunes library. Not sure it's legal. Don't sue me. :huh:

Comment

(*gag* he really, really wanted it so he could listen to *cough, gag, cough* Rush)[/color]
                      OMg that so takes me back to the days when my older brother would blast "Tom Sawyer" ... at least you won't have to hear it!

Comment

Today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you....
                        With the space he invades he gets by on you.....

(cue synthesizers......)

It's OK. Just remember:

All the worlds a neon stage
                        and we are merely players
                        performers and conveyers
                        each another's audience outside the guilded cage......

*sigh*

The poetry of Rush. Don't get me started on Trees.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

calm yourselves girls...Rush Limbaugh is what dh wants the iPod for.

Comment

Well......then I have absolutely no quotes for you. :nana:
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

what?? angie, you dont have any good political quotes from Rush?

Comment

Working...
                              X