Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Al on the Today Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al on the Today Show

Did anyone catch what Al said today. I was not watching - just listening while getting ready. He was talking about the weather where his sister lives. He said something about his sister having to shovel the snow because her husband won't doing it....because he is a fancy doctor.

Did I hear correctly? If so, LOL....
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

I didn't see it but should we be surprised?

I do most of our shoveling b/c DH doesn't have time before he leaves at 4:30am and he's usually home after dark. If I can get out of my driveway in the morning I'll drive over it but I shovel/snow blow when I get home.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Shovel snow? I've never even used a lawnmower. No way.

Comment

My dh would NEVER shovel snow. He did as a kid, but there's no way in hell that he'd do it, fancy doctor or not.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
          My dh would NEVER shovel snow. He did as a kid, but there's no way in hell that he'd do it, fancy doctor or not.
          What do you do when it snows??

Comment

yeah I heard it too

Comment

DH and I refuse to shovel snow here!! LOL! That is unless there's a freak storm in the middle of aug!

Comment

DH hates shoveling snow, and I actually love doing it. It was an hour of pure bliss last night- shoveling snow that is :P . I don't know why I like it so much, but I do. I round off the edges of our sidewalk, driveway, and porch so that they look especially nice. It is amazing how a good shovel-job makes the house look great.

Man, do I need to get a life, or what???????

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper
                  DH hates shoveling snow, and I actually love doing it. It was an hour of pure bliss last night- shoveling snow that is :P . I don't know why I like it so much, but I do. I round off the edges of our sidewalk, driveway, and porch so that they look especially nice. It is amazing how a good shovel-job makes the house look great.

Man, do I need to get a life, or what???????
                  Apparently, yes.

Comment

This is beginning to be an issue here. (Obviously, it wasn't during the eight years we spent in TX. ) Since we moved back to IN, there have been very few occasions that we needed to shovel.....it snowed twice last year, and what we are getting today is our second snow this year. However, the first snow that we got (which was never shoveled) is still there, and we are getting snow and ice on top of that today. I was trying to get DH to go get a snow blower yesterday afternoon, since he was off, but he was too tired. He doesn't get home before it is dark, so I guess the answer for us (for now) is that we don't shovel. The yard nazis on our cul-de-sac turn into shoveling nazis when there is snow, and I am sure they in the direction of our house, but whatever. Luke is almost old enough to shovel, but we really have a pretty long driveway, and today's snow is the heavy, wet kind. I *refuse* to kill myself shoveling when DH can do it and barely break a sweat. His attitude is "It'll melt" and we just barrel over it in our big vehicles.

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
                      His attitude is "It'll melt" and we just barrel over it in our big vehicles.

Sally
                      That is my dh as well. And you described my neighborhood pretty well too. The pregnant woman 4 doors down was shoveling during the last snow. My sweet neighbor has been known to snow-blow for me on occasion b/c he knows that dh won't really do any "manual labor" (except that which he likes). Today I'm going to pay the neighbor kid.

Comment

My fancy doctor doesn't shovel either. He thinks he does. He'd tell you he does. He's proud of his ability to do manual labor.....he's just never around to do it.

So, who is? Can you guess?

:anyolne:

Yep. I'm the shovel-ess. I'm bad at it and I'm sure the neighbors are constantly wondering why I don't just hire help with our gobs of cash.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I love shoveling too - though I'd never get it done in time for DW to leave, and can't bring the baby outside, so now we have a plow come, and I only do the walk. I feel like such a wimp.
                          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                          Let's go Mets!

Comment

For those of you that don't shovel - can't you get fined for not shoveling your sidewalks within a certain time frame. Maybe you don't have a sidewalk in a culdesac but here if you don't shovel your walk within 24 hours of a snow and someone complains they can, and will, fine you.

DH and I learned the hard way that it is 10 times easier to shovel right after it snows then to let it build on top of it.

Comment

No laws or fines here. We live in on a busy village street and about 2/3 of the houses shovel. Traffic on the sidewalk usually cuts a path in.

It pisses me off that the businesses don't do it. They have landscaping crews in the spring, but don't shovel the sidewalks in front of the strip mall or little shops.

In Boston, you would get ticketed in our area by the city after 24 hours. The city also drove a little plow down the major street sidewalks....so if you could wait just long enough you'd get lucky and have it done for you. :>
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X