Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weiss is suing surgeons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weiss is suing surgeons...

from his bariatric surgery.

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2 ... publicity/

I mean, I feel bad that he has suffered serious side effects, but makes me dislike Notre Dame even more than I already do...which I thought would be impossible.
    Husband of an amazing female physician!

Re: Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weiss is suing surgeon

Originally posted by Pollyanna
    Originally posted by Laker
    but makes me dislike Notre Dame even more than I already do...which I thought would be impossible.
    Why would this make you hate Notre Dame? Charlie Weiss is the head football coach not the entire University. What is your experience with ND that has made you hate the University?
    I didn't say hate, too strong of a word. There are many reasons that I dislike the school, where do I begin? First of all we are sort of a "rival". "We" meaning where I went to school. Next, I don't like how the media thinks they are the best football team every season when they clearly aren't. And lastly in interest of saving time, I disliked their treatment of Ty Willingham.

Comment

I thought there were only two types of people....those that are fans of Notre Dame, and those that can't stand them?!

All revolving around sports, mind you.

Comment

The real issue is does a multi-millionaire (comfortably in the 8 figures) really need to sue doctors because of complications from an elective operation? He wanted a quick fix, and it just happened to carry risks.

It's not like they left a clamp inside his abdomen. He was bleeding which happens when your stomach is cut in half and/or you have portions of your small intestine cut out.

If Notre Dame had a medical school maybe he wouldn't be so quick to file suit against the docs.

Comment

I'm a Notre Dame fame, but I felt bad about what little I've read. And I could be wrong but touchdown Jesus just happens to be in the sight line of the stadium - don't think you'll find too many ND fans or alums that really believe Jesus cares about the outcome of a sports of event.

But back to Weiss. When I read the blurb a few days ago, I just thought jeez. Are we really to think that the surgeons didn't do everything in their power for him -- if not even more than your average patient? I mean he was up in Mass and at the time was with the Patriots.

Plus, he recovered and is now five years past the complications. Looks like he rang up a high-paid ambulance chaser who is either doing this on contigency or he's paying him a boatload of cash up front as he can do that as a millionaire.

I know I don't have all the details but on first glance it just looks like a vindictive Bush league move.

Comment

Interesting twist:

Mistrial declard in Notre Dame case

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070220/ap_ ... _lawsuit_1
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Re: Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weiss is suing surgeon

Originally posted by Pollyanna
              Originally posted by Laker
              Next, I don't like how the media thinks they are the best football team every season when they clearly aren't. And lastly in interest of saving time, I disliked their treatment of Ty Willingham.
              So funny, I would bet if you ask most ND fans they would say that the media is always against us.

Sorry to misquote you, I get the rivalry thing.

I liked Ty Willingham as a person and I think he was great at Stanford but probably never ment to coach ND. His first three years were 10-3,5-7, 6-5. Plus, in the 118-year history of Notre Dame football, Notre Dame has lost by more than 30 points only 20 times, Ty was responsible for 25% of those loses. That's just not going to cut it for any serious football school.
              I am a fan. Had I gone to ND I would have been third generation. With that being said I don't think ND handled the Willingham firing well. He is such a CLASSY guy. ND usually is classy too (although Laker would probably argue with this ) . They could have done it differently. There was MUCH controversy within the University about how he was let go.

Okay -- back to the REAL topic!
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                I'm patently rooting against any team pompous enough to have a Touchdown Jesus. Does anyone actually think Jesus gives a crap about football?
                :lol

I'll never forget that DURING MASS our priest was getting updates on the ND game back when they were REALLY good.

Priests + ND + football = fanatical fan

To top it off this guy was FROM Ireland.

It probably sounds incredibly pompus to most people but as a fan I think it's great!
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                X