Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

WooHooooooooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WooHooooooooo!

The research that I was doing at UF was in collaboration with a project that one of the post docs was doing...and the results were submitted for publication and were accepted!!! My name is on the paper and it is coming out in the journal Biochemistry.........

Yippeee...I'm being published...I think I'll frame it!!!!

Kris
    Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!Edited by: kmmath  at: 1/30/02 11:48:12 am

Kris,

This is a MAJOR coup for your career! You will always have this. Congrats!

Kelly

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

You know...it is just a major coup for me...I've truly been blessed with good luck this week...it's as if the gods finally decided "enough is enough" with the bad luck...and suddenly I'm being rained on with good news.....Would you believe Finny's teacher even called me today to tell me how much improved she has been this week since meeting two girlfriends and that she sees a "new Finny"....Truly, Kelly, I have not had this many positive things happen in my life for so long despite really working at it, and I feel so incredibly blessed by good things lately...I really do!!!!! I feel more positive, hopeful and generally just better about myself now that some things are going our way! Thomas is also so much more relaxed...he is so funny because just before the surgery he said to me "you have the worst luck of anyone I've ever met" and now he says that it is as if someone heard those words and decided to prove him wrong!

I'm just really thankful that things are working out so well after such a long dry spell. I feel more positive with the kids and am considering my own career options once Alex starts school...I know that life has its moments of ebbs and flows, but we've been in an "ebb" for awhile...and this really feels GREAT!

Thanks for letting me boast

Kris
      Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

WOW! Fantastic on all counts (research and Finny). My one question is this (and Kris, you'll laugh): WHO are you going to be joined eternally with on this research by line? The "L" prof, or the "S" prof? Tell me it isn't Professor L.... the man who singlehandedly made your life a living h_ _ _ .

:O

Janet

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo happy for you. You deserve this.

Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Kris-

Congrats on everything! If anyone truly deserves some 'good stuff', it's you!

Jenn

Comment

Thanks....gosh, it feels so great to have some positive things to announce!!!!

Oh, and Janet...it is definately Dr. S (thank goodness!). He made such a diligent effort...even at my oral defense/exams, Dr. L and my other committee member just finished the questioning and were ready to just pass me...Dr. S instead said "Kris, please wait outside"...Dr. L appeared to think this was a really dumb formality! After a few minutes, I was called back in and Dr. S met me at the door, extended his hand, and said "Congratulations Masters". It really meant the world to me!

Kris
              Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

Kris!

That is so exciting! All your hard work has paid off on all counts (research and children.) It goes to show you that you HAVE been doing things right and are being blessed for it now! I would DEFINITELY frame it!!

Congrats!

Robin

Comment

Congrats, Kris! What a great feeling. Now your name will be immortalized on medline - it it provides a little validation that what you worked and sacrificed so much for really did contribute to science. Great job!

Kaaren

Comment

Kris!!

**Congratulations!!!** You must feel incredible! That is very validating for your work and your self-esteem! And it makes all of those painful hours worth it, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X