Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Vagina Monologues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vagina Monologues

We saw the show last night. If any of you get the opportunity- YOU HAVE to go. It is truly a celebration of being female. Parts are absolutely hysterical and there are extrmemely serious and sad parts too, I have wanted to go for a few years now and just decided to get us tickets for Valentine's Day.

They celebrate childbirth, orgasms, cotton underwear- you name it! They also do this really funny part where they list what people call 'it'.

I took Rick (he's a big fan after all!) and he thought it was great. As a matter of fact, he thought it should be a requirement for all men.

Lorette Swit was the 'star' of this version but I know that there are lots of famous women who have done it. (she looks great, by the way). I know that tickets can be expensive- but it's a spoken word performance so there's not much to see so you can get the cheap seats and it won't matter.

Go!!!

Jenn

Yes, it's a theater production. There's a national touring company and a permanent off-broadway production. The coolest thing about it is that they donate proceeds from each show to women's shelters and domestic abuse hotlines, etc. in each town the show plays in.

Very cool.

Jenn

Comment

Happy Valentines everyone (it is thursday here!)

this show ran in Sydney for AGES and featured some very prominent Australian women. On a wall of the theatre that it was playing was all these post-it notes of what people thought of the show and what they had learnt!

Most definatley worth a look

Comment

Jenn,

At the risk of sounding culturally dense, I take it that this is a theatre production Seriously, I've never heard of it but it sounds interesting. If it ever comes to town, I'll check it out. Besides, it is always good to celebrate femininity!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I had read about this a few years ago in a woman's magazine -i would love to see it! what was the audience like, jenn?

Comment

It was one of the most diverse audiences of anything I have ever seen. All races and ages- men and women. I'd say the average was 30's, female- but there were older ladies and some younger college age looking people, too.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn,

Was this a theater version or is this something that has come out at the movie theater? (Pardon my lack of knowledge in this area...the last movie that I went to was Monsters Inc and the last stage production was...CATS in the 80's ) It sounds like a really interesting production from your description and the title.

Kris

Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

It's a theater production- it's doing very well here in SA, too. It's played in DC for eons but things are a little slower here!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X