Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Blizzard!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizzard!!

Yes, I am actually happy about this blizzard, because the temperature warmed up into the high 30s this past week and all the snow melted. I was bummed that spring was already here because I haven't had the chance to get off my lazy buns and ski. Yea!!! Now, if it just isn't too much snow and they close the resorts.

That happened to my sis. She got her oldest daughter all excited about taking ski lessons on sis's week off from work. Bought niece a new outfit and everything. Little niece wore her ski bib around the house for a week. Then big snow storm hits, and sis and niece can't even drive 30 minutes to the nearest resort. Sis spends her week off trapped in house with angry daughter in ski bib and sick baby. What a vacation!!! Maybe next winter.

I wish it was snowing - all we're getting right now is ice. We got about 2 inches of snow last night but now its just sleeting.

We have planned two (this being the 2nd) March trips for snowshoeing. This year we're going farther north we'll see how it goes.

:brrr:
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

So we got about an inch Friday night, then yesterday morning we got about 1/2" of ice, and then yesterday afternoon/last night we got another 12 inches or so.

I had an appointment at 7:30 this morning so DH got up and cleared my 1/2 of the driveway for me. It is now 30 degrees so we're planning to go out and try to clear some more in an hour or so. If it wasn't for the ice it would clear pretty easily.

There were several intersections this morning where I was glad I had 4WD because the plows would go by perpindicular and leave this big pile of snow in front of where you needed to go. Isn't this fun?
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We've got rain.

We ventured out late yesterday afternoon to get groceries, and we started to get freezing rain. We went for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (Why are there so many kids there?!). We high-tailed outta there and got home before it started to come down pretty heavily.

Ick.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

(Why are there so many kids there?!).
          The kids menu!

I love their chopped salads. I don't think we have a CPK here. At least not close by.

Stay warm!

Comment

Originally posted by alison
            We went for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (Why are there so many kids there?!).
            That's so funny, we went to CPK yesterday too! Of course we took Jack, and I actually commented to DH about how there were so many kids there.

They do have a great kids menu, but the one near us is actually inside the mall so I think they get a lot of mall traffic (read: moms with kids). It's also a pretty noisy place, so any 'kid' noise gets drowned out - this is our new criteria for choosing a place to eat.

Sorry, back to topic... We got about 1-2 inches of snow, with freezing rain on top. That was this morning, it's been gray and dreary but dry the rest of the day.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
              Originally posted by alison
              We went for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (Why are there so many kids there?!).
              That's so funny, we went to CPK yesterday too! Of course we took Jack, and I actually commented to DH about how there were so many kids there.

They do have a great kids menu, but the one near us is actually inside the mall so I think they get a lot of mall traffic (read: moms with kids). It's also a pretty noisy place, so any 'kid' noise gets drowned out - this is our new criteria for choosing a place to eat.

Sorry, back to topic... We got about 1-2 inches of snow, with freezing rain on top. That was this morning, it's been gray and dreary but dry the rest of the day.
              How coincidental. There are so few kids actually living in the city here, that it felt so weird. Granted they were very young kids. Screeching and hollering. It was a bit too much for me. Oh gosh, I'm going to be a terrible parent...

Comment

Here it has just been dreary, grey, and raining or sleeting.

Comment

Thanks, Alison. You got me craving CPK salads so I checked and there is one sort of close by. I'm hungry.

Comment

You're going to kill me - I had their Original Chopped Salad.
                    :huh:

Do you have a Palomino in Portland? Their chopped salad is so good. I'd go to Indianapolis just for one of those.... They have a Palomino in Seattle, and I go there whenever I'm home. (BTW: I saw Bill Gates there once).

Comment

:waiting: I so want a chopped salad for dinner and am so not going to have one or anything like that.

I have been to the Palamino in Seattle. I remember having a lovely peach bellini. There used to be a location in Denver that has since closed.

Comment

You need to try the Thai Crunch salad. That's my new CPK favorite....when we go out with the kids. :> It's one of their favorite restaurants because kid's meals come with the brownie sundae. DS also like the pizza and DD loves the pasta. It's better than your average kid food. You'll see.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

You guys are making me hungry, and I just ate lunch. I love the chopped salad at Palomino, and the cream of mushroom soup, too. I haven't ever had a bad meal there, actually. I fell in love with CPK when we lived in TX and moved here to find out that the CPK I remembered being in Indy has closed, and there isn't another one very close.

Sally
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                          X