Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

bad idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad idea

I bought the computer version of scrabble a couple of days ago. DH is out of town for a week, and I played through the hour "sampler" and wanted to keep going. Now I'm a full-fledged addict, staying up past 1:30 for the past two nights and sitting in my messy kitchen playing on the computer.

I suppose there are worse things I could be doing with my time ... but also better things.

You're exercising your brain! It's not *that* bad!

I used to overplay Tetris and see falling blocks even when I wasn't playing. I'd try to flip them and everything. It was sad.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I agree, there are worse things. It sounds like fun.

Comment

Sounds like something I need to add to my computer! I've been playing random games of Mah Jong but I wanted to find a 'wordy' game.

Where did you find it?

J.

Comment

What was the word game that...I think migirl?...mentioned before? It's free?

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            What was the word game that...I think migirl?...mentioned before? It's free?
            I think you're referring to Text Twist? You can play a certain number for free before you have to pay. Fun game though!

I used to overplay Tetris and see falling blocks even when I wasn't playing. I'd try to flip them and everything. It was sad.
            No need to be embarassed, Alison, I used to do the same thing!
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I love Text Twist! Word Worm is good, too. I used to play Snood and Spider Solitaire so much that I would see the screens in my mind when I was trying to fall asleep at night.

My current fave is Rocket Mania at Yahoo! games.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Jenn - it was at realarcade.com . It's pretty much the 1st thing that comes up if you google "scrabble". Just like the one Jane mentioned, it has an hour "try it" period before you have to buy it. It was $20 ... I feel kind of stupid paying for a computer game, but as you all said ... it could be worse.

Comment

I LOVE Rocket Mania!

Comment

You can play unlimited Text Twist free at Yahoo Games! Same with Literati (the Yahoo version of Scrabble) and it is with live opponents!! Really fun!! (I'm a word nerd. )

Comment

I know a way to get any realarcade game on my computer for free, but shhhh.... If you want to know more, you can PM me.

I mean, I would never do anything like that.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

There are worse thing you can do. Heidi, I'm really tempted but not sure I should follow Jenn's path.

Comment

Ooooh, yeah, definitely go onto yahoo.com, games, and literati. So fun, especially playing against other people! So funny to see those people that take it sooo seriously and they try to talk smack. It's just a literati score, life goes on, it is ok.

Stella I'm like you girl!

Comment

Word Mojo on msn is also fun! I love Literati, DF and I used to compete against each other. We are both word nerds too!

Comment

Working...
                            X