Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mac or PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on mac.com. IMHO....not worth it. I don't use the email much because it is so stinking slow. I was very surprised. I figured it would be a good product because Mac is usually so in tune with home/family computer use over business use. I prefer the google site now - or yahoo. I do like the iDisk, though. It ends up on your desktop, but when you save there it is actually a protected storage space in cyberspace. It's a nice way to back up -- and you could give others access with a password if they needed to get a file from your disk.

I suppose I'll keep it for that, but the rest of the features haven't helped me.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I like macs...but have a PC.

Dell somethign laptop...never had a problem with any PC I have.

Never had problems with virus, crashing, etc....shrug.

Comment

mac.com is only really worth it if you love, love, LOVE iCal and have multiple machines to synch up.

I am on my second mac, and I doubt I'll be going back any time soon (except at work, still using this old clunker at work)
        - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

We are on our 2nd mac and will never go back! Both of our macs have lasted far longer than any PC we had in the past and we never experience crashes, viruses or freezes. Nowadays, you can do everything on a mac that you can do on a PC and more. MAC's also have higher resale value. We just sold our 3 year old MAC G4 for $1500! Considering we paid $2300 and it was 3 years old is incredible! That kind of resale value doesn't exist for PCs. And apparently, Windows Vista is a pathetic copycat of MAC's OSX.
          Crispin - you can get a mouse with the right click for MAC!
          My opinion is that you can pay more money initially for a MAC that will last a lot longer or you buy a new PC every year.

Comment

Yeah, the lifespan of our macs has been great. My finacee is using my old powerbook from law school now (about 4 years old), and other than needing a new stick of RAM, it has been great, no problems at all.
            - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Our oldest mac is a G4 tower. It's 10 years old now. It's a good thing we bought at the top of the line that year. No issues at all -- but it needs a serious memory expansion. We don't use it for much because we prefer the laptops.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I've had both. I am temped to go back to a mac for our next notebook, but it's pricier and a lot of the software it comes with I wouldn't use. I hate buying extra warranties but the sales crew made it seem absolutely necessary. The sales people were pushing all the extra's idisc, mac.com, etc., which are neat, but unnecessary and cost extra. I guess I don't like being pitched things that are not included. That being said I was tempted to buy one. They look great, are small and nifty. However the cost and fact I'd not be using most of the features has put me off. I'd also have to rebuy some software, which I already have for my pc. I'm also not keen on vista, so we are staying put with our sony viao (4 years old), which still works fine. I have rebuilt it three times and have reached a happy medium with it's maintence/quirks so it's doing fine. Maybe in another year I'll look at the market again.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious
                  It's funny that most of the votes are for PC but most of the comments are for Mac.
                  I've noticed this too, which makes me more confused than before I started the poll.

Comment

Working...
                  X