Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The PRICE of GAS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PRICE of GAS!

OK...so earlier when I posted this, we were bragging about paying $1 or less....and yesterday I bought unleaded regular for $1.28 What is up with this? Is anyone else getting gauged at the gas station again? Why the sudden increase?

kris
    Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

$1.28 is about the going rate of gas (the cheapest grade) in Gainesville, Florida. And we consider that to be a good price!! Whenever gas goes down everywhere else, we still keep paying a high amount! I have often wondered about this myself!! I think it has something to do with all the students and the demand in this city...

=) Carey

Comment

It is $1.40 in the Twin Cities---I guess we're gearing up for high summer prices.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Get OUT, Kelly...you are KIDDING...

You'll have to come here to tank up

Kris

Comment

I paid $1.24 just last night in Minneapolis, although most gas stations were at $1.29-$1.39. I find that gas is often cheaper (sometimes quite a bit) in the city proper than in the suburbs; this is the opposite of most cities I've seen. You can look at twincitiesgasprices.com (there's one of these sites for most major cities) to see a list of the cheapest area gas prices.

Think of it this way--gas is only half the cost of milk. For milk, we pay $2.50/gallon for those double-packs. That's as cheap as I ever paid in or around Chicago, so I don't think it's bad at all. Is it really cheaper outside the midwest? But I do know what you mean about the cost of living in the Twin Cities, Kelly. I expected it to be much cheaper than the expensive suburb of Chicago we were living in, but it turns out that many of our basic costs are higher, including phone, car insurance, etc. I hear the taxation is alarming here, too--almost makes me happier that we're in low-tax bracket mode with me going to school now...

Comment

I think that I'll buy some groceries while I'm there. It kills me--we live in the Dairyland and yet milk and cheese is substantially more expensive than home. Let's just say that we were unprepared for the cost of living hike, after all, this is the Midwest. Perhaps it is more of a big city thing.

Kelly

Comment

We just paid $1.38 this morning...what's UP with that? It's increased a dime in just a couple of days...

Grrrrr

Kris

Comment

Honestly, when we go back to Tennessee to see our extended family, we just walk through the grocery store and Walmart in disbelief of the prices! I used to hate when Californians would declare how cheap everything in Ohio was---it sounded so condescending. Now, I do the same darn thing!

Kelly

Comment

We paid $1.09 today which is up 10 cents from two weeks ago. Still... it sounds like we aren't too bad compared to other places.

It's the food here that surprises me in prices. The meat and dairy products are high compared to when we lived in Utah. I wonder if we pay extra for the refrigeration being that it is so HOT here usually.

Robin

Comment

Working...
                  X