Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

jeepgrrl7!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeepgrrl7!!

OK...spill it...so you are in Gainesville!!! That's where we just moved from. My husband did his ID fellowship at UF! We were only there for two years and we aren't native Floridians...hence the move up north to Minnesota. I have to say that when it got so cold this last week I was missing the mild Florida winters!

UF sure is going through a tough spell this year, aren't they...I really feel for all of the med students and residents....

Kris

PS...have you gotten involved at all in the auxiliary group there? They have really developed a lot of neat programs in the past year and there is really something for everyone.
    Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!Edited by: kmmath  at: 3/13/02 9:59:11 am

Hey there Kris... I have to tell you... it's about 78 degrees here today... blue blue sky... <grin> My kind of winter!!

Yeah, UF is somewhat of a mess right now... lots of turnover and such.... I don't think it's affecting the med school too much... at least not the 4th years... but then, I don't think much affects them!!

Come to think of it.... the biggest thing was Steve Spurrier leaving!! You can only guess what this whole town was like!! Gator football rules above everything else!

I haven't gotten involved in any auxillary group here... and we are moving shortly... (Only a week until Match Day!!!!) Luckily, this is a very close class and I've made friends with other spouses/significant others. A great group of people...

BUT.... we'll be glad to be out of the South. Too much for us.

=) Carey

Comment

Well, we weren't really happy in Gainesville. Maybe it's because it was just two years? I don't know...but we never were really able to adjust.

I know the U has struggled because of all of the cuts...and they are facing tuition hikes again....

Where are you all hoping to go in a few months? What specialty is your hubby applying for?

Kris
      Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

We actually love G'ville... (well, minus the rednecks) We love that it's a small town, and with having such a great university, there is always something to do. The downtown area has been growing and they've been working hard on getting people to enjoy it. (Free concerts, etc.)

Plus... we're Gator fans and really enjoy following all the sports... tennis, football, soccer, basketball...

As far as tuition goes, it's still pretty cheap compared to other state schools.... but with Jeb Bush as gov., he's doing his best to screw up education.... so, the Univeristy will have changes....

We ranked UF... not sure where we'll end up... we also liked Sacramento and Phoenix... We elimated any state that got too cold or that was too Southern....Only 1 more day left until the Match!! And, my partner is going into Peds... so, shouldn't be too stressful (maybe????) , as compared to some of the other specialities....

Another beautiful day here in sunny Florida!

=) Carey
        Go Gators!

Comment

Carey-

Peds isn't to terrible, at least from our experience. The call schedule isn't too traumatic, although it can be extremely annoying. My husband has an inherent dislike for the inpatient rotations as it is, so he really dislikes being on-call on the months that he's there anyway.

I entertain myself well, anyway and I kind of like it when he's gone. (nope, that's not true- I really like it!) But it does get old, missing birthdays and other family functions. So far, only one female his year has had a baby and only two men have used their week of paternity leave so he hasn't had to cover too much in that way- and since we're military they only get three weeks of leave in the first place.

All in all, when reading about the experiences of some of these others here, peds is cake!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
          X