Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can it be?

It's snowing again.

I'm getting tired of winter. Not that I like the opposite much more: festering in my own sweat during the summer.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Here, too. 4 inches on the ground. I was getting psyched for Spring. Silly to do that in March. I'm thinking I'll fire up the hot cocoa and plan afternoon sledding. Maybe that will put me back in the winter spirit.

(So much for my garden planning!)
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

It's snowing here too but it's not bad yet and kind of pretty still. Although snow makes me sleepy. I miss flip flops.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
        I was getting psyched for Spring. Silly to do that in March.
        Oh honey. Not there - no how. We've had opening day of baseball snowed out on more than one occasion. Our 1st open house when we were TRYING to sell the *bleeping* house in Cleveland was greeted by a blizzard. IMO March / April are the WORST months there. Everyone else is welcoming spring, and you can have one day of beautiful and flowers popping out of the ground, followed by snow, slush and yuck.

Enjoy your cocoa. :brrr:

Comment

We're pretty chilly today but we're supposed to have high 30's, low 40's starting tomorrow. The evening lows are supposed to be higher then the highs we've had lately.

Of course its going to be 80 degrees in Vegas!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yes, March is the cruelest month. But snow in April is just wrong.

Goooooodbye Minnesota.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Our lilacs are blooming, my tomatoes are planted, the grass is green.

The lilacs will done done by April, the tomatoes will be dead by May and the grass will be brown by July. By August it will be 90+ until mid-October.

So...come on down to South Texas now, because I'll be ready to head north by the middle of the summer.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                So...come on down to South Texas now, because I'll be ready to head north by the middle of the summer.

Jenn

I'll be in SA tomorrow, and I can't wait. You would think DH and I were going to some exotic, tropical locale the way we are acting so giddy. A place without flippin' 4 feet of brown snow at the edge of the driveway- now that's exotic

Can't hang around in SA, though, after a quick lunch at La Fonda we are headed up to Austin to prepare for SIL's wedding. Otherwise, Jenn, I would try to meet you for a tasty happy hour margarita at Rosarios. God, my mouth is watering!!!!

Comment

Well, next time, let me know. Rosarios is a block from my house!

It's going to be mid-70's and sunny so pack accordingly.

Jenn

Comment

It's supposed to get much warmer in the next couple of weeks (it had better, because we are on the water two weeks from Saturday )
                    - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Originally posted by reciprocity
                      It's supposed to get much warmer in the next couple of weeks (it had better, because we are on the water two weeks from Saturday )
                      Brrrrr
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Well yesterday they broke to us; it looks like the Valley of The Sun is going to skip Spring this year and go right to Summer! Yes that's right folks we are supposed to get our first 90 degree day this weekend!
                        It's 10:00 AM and it already 67 and it's supposed to get to the low 80s today! I can't believe we will have to get the AC going soon!

Comment

Ohhh, I'm so jealous! It's only mid to high 40s here all week. I thrive on sunshine and 80 degree weather. I'm sick of this stupid grey sky cold. Maybe I could handle a few scorpions afterall... :huh:

Comment

It's -32 here today, so cold that it hurts to breath, YUCK! Where is the human iceburg emoticon when you need it?
                            I just keep telling myself "3 months until Australia"....except I have to say it over and over (I'm still waiting for it to work)

Comment

-32? :thud:

Comment

Working...
                              X