Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Newsletter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsletter!

Ditto on the newsletter!!!!!

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I just wanted to thank you for an AWESOME newsletter. I got it today. Perfect timing with the match coming up this week! Every article was helpful to me and I put it to use today. I went through baby clothes and got rid of 5 garbage bags full! I have never gotten rid of any of my kids clothes (unless they are falling apart!) so it was good to get rid of stuff we don't want to move again.

Thanks again for the GREAT articles and for all you do!

Robin

p.s. now I am going to check out some of the websites that were suggested ...

Comment

Kate-

take them to a used bookstore or sell them on half.com, I sold several USMLE Step one and two books, plus a few books he had on residency, etc.

I also donated a whole bunch to a local high school.

Jenn

Comment

I'm with Robin...It's off to check the websites...I imagine once Thursday happens I'll have lots more questions...It's BOOKS we need to thin out if we're ever going to move...

Kate

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback....

Books were our downfall when we moved, but we couldn't seem to "let go"...every single box was lined on the bottom with books

Kris
          Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

I can't believe that my husband NEEDS all of these books!!! Everytime I try to get rid of something he has some reason for keeping it. This book has a chapter on such and such that is better than this other book. But this other book ... etc. etc. Books will definitely be our downfall too. The darn things are so heavy too and everytime I turn around he is on the internet buying more! We did get rid of the USMLE stuff. We actually barely got rid of the MCAT books!!!

If we find out we are moving on Thursday, there will definitely be some books going, among other things!

Robin

Comment

Thanks for the half.com recommendation...a friend of ours has sold her med books there...it's just getting him to part with them...but NOW, what about the JOURNALS?!?!? Anybody have any great suggestions for minimizing the accummulation? Right now we only get NEJM and JAMA (and Scince News and...) but I imagine it will only get worse. My dh claims he will go through them and rip out the articles he wants to put in files. Meanwhile we must have 3 years worth at least gathering dust...but isn't it all available online?

Kate

Comment

Kate -

Ha ha. The journals. Does your husband actually READ them? Or does he just set them aside "to be read later" - yeah, right! I haven't the faintest clue what to do with the growing pile of journals. I know that any suggestion of parting with them will meet quite a bit of resistance. But we receive one almost every single day - you figure 7 journals a week, 49 journals a month, that is nearly 600 journals per year. . .ha ha.

Comment

I convinced my husband to go high tech and now he is in agreement (can you believe it?) that he will try to get them on CD -- a year's worth at a time. THat means less of them collecting dust and less of them to take with us to move.

YES!!!!

Marian

Comment

Working...
                  X