Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

hey renaisasance medical spouses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey renaisasance medical spouses...

Alright, I know that the topics are ranging from literature to middle eastern policy to garage sales to potty training but I have a much more profound question....

Does anyone know of a good nail strengthener? I'm trying to finally take care of my hands and my nails are paper thin. I really don't want to spend the money for a professional manicure but it seems like that is the only way to keep them in shape. Any suggestions?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

That's hysterical, Kelly...I think many of us suprised ourselves yesterday....

On to nail strengtheners...I have NO idea...I am actually shopping for the same thing right now...so I'll be looking for the answers that you get...

Kris
    Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

Don't know how I know this (my mind is a repository of miscellaneous information) but it seems to me that I have heard something about gelatin being good for nail strengthening. I have never used it and I don't know if you should just start eating jello like a madwoman or what, but there you have it, for what it's worth. Maybe someone else will be able to flesh that idea out.

I have always had better nails when I was pregnant/nursing, either because of the prenatal vitamins or because I make more of an effort to drink milk, I don't know which.

Sally

Comment

I have no idea, but mine are always better with a good diet, plenty of water and a multivitamin.

Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks for the advice to Kelly. I have the same problem that she does.

Jennifer

Comment

Revlon used to make this stuff (and they probably still do) that comes in a squat blue bottle. Everyone I know used to use that stuff and it worked wonders.

Having just bitten off the rest of my nails, I could use some, too. Maybe we can order a case from Revlon!

Jenn

Comment

Well, I am probably a little late chiming in here, sorry. But as far as nail strengthners go.......Sally Hansen makes a product to build and strengthen your nails. I cannot remember the exact name of it, but if you look in the section that has Sally Hansen products....it is in a green bottle, lol. I have used this product in the past, it last forever and really works! Prenatal vitamins also help your hair and nails to grow stronger and faster. I have no children, but I used to take those every day.

Rachel

Comment

Rachel,

You are the third person to mention the Sally Hanson to me. I am going to go out and get some this weekend. I did the unthinkable last week..I actually put on some fake nails over my nails...I thought that it would look good and that they might grow out and I could take them off.

They started falling off on their own after only a few days and now I have weak areas in my nails..Yuck....

Thanks for the tip!

Kris

Comment

Working...
                X