Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

stamp increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stamp increase

Stamps are going up AGAIN, to 41 cents. Didnt they just go to 39 cents within the past year? I just bought a few books, I know I am going to have to go back and buy 2cent stamps to cover the increase. Grrr.
    Mom to three wild women.

Yeh, its getting a little ridiculous - plus I noticed the USPS was a sponsor of the NCAA basketball tournament this week - do you know how much that costs? RIDICULOUS!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

AGAIN??? I just finished upgradin to 39 cents... DAMNIT.

Comment

Postage is relatively cheap in the US. We're really lucky here. In Germany, it's closer to $1. For a letter within the country!!!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

You know I would just rather they raise it to $1 and LEAVE it - rather then raising it every three or four months.

Comment

Oh no...I just bought a ton of stamps for baby announcements.

It's not the few cents at this point, it's the trip to the post office that might never happen. Which means that I should just hang on to the baby announcements and mail it with one of the older kid's high school graduation announcements.

Comment

It is effective May 14 -- motivation!!

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                Oh no...I just bought a ton of stamps for baby announcements.

It's not the few cents at this point, it's the trip to the post office that might never happen. Which means that I should just hang on to the baby announcements and mail it with one of the older kid's high school graduation announcements.
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                  You know I would just rather they raise it to $1 and LEAVE it - rather then raising it every three or four months.
                  ITA. Let's just pay a buck and leave it at that for several years. Disclaimer...I hate USPS. I've lost too many packages/letters/bills to warrant paying them to ship things. I rather pay more and go to FedEx or UPS. Now with online payments, I can go months before I have to mail anything.
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Is this new 41-cent stamp the "forever" stamp? The one you can use regardless of future rate increases?

I guess I could get over my own laziness and go look it up...
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Well I looked it up, it is changing on May 14th. 41cents..GGGRRRRRR... It has gone up a lot in just the last 5 years. They should not be able to change mid year!!!
                      Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

I barely mail anything (although the whole license/privileges process changed all that) these days. When I absolutely have to, I take it to the mailroom at work. There's a little bin for change and I just empty my wallet into it once in a while.

For those of you buying whole books, what do you mail? Aside from announcements/wedding invites/thank you cards. I'm just curious.

Comment

Yes, you'll be able to buy the forever stamp and you better believe I'll be buying a roll of 100 of those. I don't mail much either, MAYBE a few things a month but I hate buying stamps.

Comment

ugh! I just bought a book of stamps yesterday! I don't post much just the occasional bill, claim forms and that's about it. I usually use stamps from work and reimburse them, but I am currently unemployed so took the plunge. I will definitley not use them all by May 14th. I wish the usps would just up the freaking stamps like 10 cents every few years instead of 2 every freaking few months. I too hate the dreaded trip and forever line of the post office.
                            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I just remembered -- I have ordered stamps online. One time it took forever, another time it was quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X