Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Upcoming CNN special on medical training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming CNN special on medical training

I saw this TV announcement in my copy of The Week.

Grady's Anatomy

CNN's Special Investigations Unit follows medical residents at Atlanta's busy Grady Memorial Hospital through both their professional and private lives. Medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta (an attending neurosurgeon at Grady) also reports on the effects of recent restrictions on the number of consecutive hours medical residents are allowed to work. Saturday, March 24 at 8 PM CNN.

Fire up those recorders if you are interested.

Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Cool. I remember someone on here who's husband is an NS resident there mentioned they were taping it.

Comment

Is that 8pm ET?
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I just set the DVR and it's scheduled at 8PM for us (EST).

Comment

Does anyone know - is it going to be on CNN Special Investigation? My DVR doesn't have a specific description for that, but I'm assuming it's the right one.
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs
            Does anyone know - is it going to be on CNN Special Investigation? My DVR doesn't have a specific description for that, but I'm assuming it's the right one.
            Deb, mine said that as well and I assumed the same. From Angie's excerpt, it sounds like that's it.

Comment

Re: Grady's Anatomy

Originally posted by jrshoot
              That would be my DH.. he's not one of the one's being followed... but he's the PGY3 assisting the PGY 5 NS.
              Its apparently a two part series, 8pm on both saturday and sunday. From the clips I've seen, my dh will be seen and not heard... I can pick him out a lot, but I'm not sure if he plays a role at all. I told him he is sexy window dressing
              He's the tall guy (well, he's only 6'1"- but Lou is 5'8" and Sanjay is honestly 5'6" or so, so my dh looks much taller than he is), wearing a blue duke scrub cap.
              *** crossing our fingers they didn't catch him doing something stupid***
              So after it airs you're going to tell us how "real" it is, right?

Comment

Just finished watching this. Neither of us is impressed with the "realistic" concept. Aside from may be the girl's husband being bitter and the two separating. The 5th year's (Lou) wife was way too upbeat about him never being home. Although DH had other medical issues with what they showed.

What did everyone else say?

Comment

I taped it, DH and I are going to watch it together later this week. We watched the first 1/2 of last night's episode and DH said the neurosurgical part was accurate. I beleive it was two parts, tonights' episode was different then last night.

Comment

We're going to watch the one we taped yesterday. I caught a few seconds of it, when one of the couples was making bird noises. Interesting.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We watched it, it was horrible and pointless to say the least.

Comment

I think it's the popularity of Grey's Anatomy that draws the layperson into the show. Or at least that was CNN's hope. Just another tv show...

Although I did think the tension built up about the 30-hour rule was interesting. What do you think about the attending who said something to the gist of "it teaches doctors not to care about their patients?"
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                        X