Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Contribute for larger server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contribute for larger server?

I'd be willing to give $10 to help go towards a larger server network if that would help. I know it's not much but if others wanted to chip in a little \would it help if we "raised funds" for the site?

Julie, I'm not an admin but I talked to Kris about this last time and I don't beleive that is the issue. Someone is probably still hacking in and taking our bandwidth.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
      Julie, I'm not an admin but I talked to Kris about this last time and I don't beleive that is the issue. Someone is probably still hacking in and taking our bandwidth.
      the nerve ... :fight:

Comment

Yes. That is the issue. We seem to have these surges of insane bandwidth usage. It jumps to 10X our normal amount and we get shut down. We are trying to plug holes in the programs and find out what's causing the problem.

There may be changes ahead if we figure it out. This stuff is getting old. :>
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Just the same...I would totally be willing to contribute. I know there are lots of us. Please just keep it in mind. We need this site.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Thanks for the support guys. I know it means a lot. Most med families have no money. It's a great show of support that you'd be willing to pony up.

I'm sure Kris will appreciate the kind thoughts....as she pulls out her curly hair over this bandwidth mystery.....:>
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'd contribute too, but I understand that those leaks need to be found and fixed.
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

Yes....please contribute to my special ummm offshore account... but please don't tell the other admins...ssssshhhh You can reach it by going to http://www.helpkrisgettoantiguathisyear.com :>

It's a theft issue. I'm working on figuring it out...but...sadly, I just spent the last 3 hours in the ER as piece of a plastic coat hanger actually broke off and rocketed into my eye...fortunately, no corneal damage...so...I'm good....but...I'm sore, so...I'll figure this out tomorrow.

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Feel better!!!
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Ughh Kris! You poor thing. Hope you feel better.

I wish I knew more about this whole interweb so I could help in the fight against these thieves.

Comment

Kris, hang on, we need you. Hope you're feeling better. I'd be happy to contribute to the bandwidth fund too. The offshore account...hmm...need to think about that one.

Comment

It appears that the issue is an image file and a script...from what my pea brain can tell. Ron is busy this week and so I'm just going to plug away at it when I get the chance.

I had the craziest afternoon! I was getting andrew ready for boyscout camp and I pulled a coathanger down from the closet and a piece of it broke off and just flew like a bullet into my eye...it literaly took me to my knees. DH had to come home early from work.

Thank goodness it didn't damage the cornea...but the eyeball itself has swelling and a bump on it...I was able to forego antibiotics since it wasn't a corneal issue, but I had to get a tetanus shot (even though it was a plastic hanger) because....they discoverd it had been 10 years (boohoo).

It was such a long, inefficient wait. I waited for the nurse, then waited for the PA...the PA did a full eye exam and stained my eye...then...the doc came in and redid the whole eye exam

I'm going to have to take a pic of the piece that broke off the hanger. I'm soooo lucky! I can't believe that it didn't take my eye out!

kris

Comment

Yikes! Stolen bandwidth and projectile hangers -- you do need a vacation.

Thanks for bringing us back up.

Comment

Thanks, Tara. This morning, my eye is good as new.

The wonders of the human eye!

kris

Comment

glad it's better - wow what a freak accident!

Comment

Working...
                              X