Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

what do you do with those magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you do with those magazines?

So...I notice that many of us are in a fair state of addiction to magazines. They are so much fun to read, aren't they - they all seem to hold so much promise, and in short, easy to read articles!

But, my question is what do you do with all those magazines after you read them? My husband has a "Time" addiction, and he won't let me throw out the old copies, because he "might" read them again. He won't. But I can't really criticise, because I find it almost impossible to say goodbye to Oprah. O is thick like a book, and the articles are so useful, that it seems almost wrong to toss them! It's DH's cardiac journals that really get to me though - there are so many, we are running out of storage space, and he never goes back to them! If he ever needs an article, he looks it up online.

Do you have a huge magazine backlog too? Or are you a resolute recycler?

I keep the Fine Cooking, some Cooks Illustrated, and recycle the rest. I also kept all the Inspired House magazines. All are nice resources to have and I refer back to them.

Comment

I usually take them to the gym with me. I also have sent some to work with my husband for the lobby. Might as well give people something to do.

Jenn

PS- catalogues and magazines that don't make it either place are put in the recycling bin.

Comment

I tear things out of them but don't keep the whole magazine - they get recycled.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I keep Gourmet and toss the rest!

Comment

I zerox the good recipes and put them in a binder.

The rest of the mags get sent to DH's waiting room -- WITHOUT our personal info on the front!
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I recycle them and I am relentless. I save the cooking magazines that come prior to a holiday period for a while (until the holiday is over) but that is it. I think we get 20+ magazines a month, if you count those that come weekly.....and I am not even counting DH's journals.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I do the tear and keep. As I read, I tear out what I want to keep for reference (typically either recipes or organization ideas - sometimes gift ideas), then file them in folders. The rest of the magazine goes into the garbage. For the more "fluff" magazines (People, etc), I bring them to my neighbor to read - then it's her problem to get rid of them!
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                X