Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

new board game suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new board game suggestions

I really enjoy board games, but we don't have too many of them.

I'd love to find an 80's trivia type board game or something relating to the 80's--anyone know of any?

What are your favorite board games--and can you give a brief summary of what the game is like/what the goals are? Sometimes it's hard to figure this out when you're just looking at board game box covers.

We love board games. There's a guy at dh's work who loves games too, and we often play our German board game collection:

Cafe International
    El Grande
    Das verrueckte Labyrinth
    Barbarossa

Those are our favorites. They have less to do with trivia and more with strategy. Perhaps you can google search them and see what they're like and if you're interested.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

My new fave is Apples to Apples ... it's tough to describe, but easy to play and really fun!

Comment

I like Beyond Balderdash and Cranium.

Beyond Balderdash is a game of bluffing and trivia. Cranium uses artistic skill, trivia, performance and language skills.

ETA: they are group games...

For just me and Russ I like card games more than any board game. He likes the GameCube.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I like all games.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Re: new board game suggestions

Originally posted by veggiefriend
            I really enjoy board games, but we don't have too many of them.

I'd love to find an 80's trivia type board game or something relating to the 80's--anyone know of any?

What are your favorite board games--and can you give a brief summary of what the game is like/what the goals are? Sometimes it's hard to figure this out when you're just looking at board game box covers.
            There is a 80s trivial pursuit and I ROCK at it!! Love the 80s.

Comment

Alison, do you guys play Die Siedler von Catan??? IT'S MY FAVORITE GAME! My dad's whole side of the family plays it and we have tourneys when we all get together. They have an English version too, but I know enough of the German that I prefer the original German version.

Rachel, I'm a board game freak. Seriously.

I love Scrabble. I have the Onyx rotating board and I love it. SO and I used to play all the time but our competitions get kind of intense (i.e. :fight: ) so we don't play that much anymore.

Group games I love are Taboo, Catch Phrase, and Scategories -- all word games. I also have Trivial Pursuit, 90s edition but it's so hard. I think I'd be better at the 80s version. There is also a game called "I Love the 80s" you could Google.

I have a bunch of other board games but those are the ones we play the most!

Comment

DH and I love Taboo, Cranium and Boggle. We play boggle with just the two of us on nights when we want to have game nights.

1)Boggle simply put is a game where you shake a box full of letters and have to find as many words as possible in the time limit and hope that the other person doesn't have them.

2) Taboo is a great game to play with a larger group. We usually play this with DH's classmates and friends (ladies vs. gents). You try and get your team to guess the word without saying 5 words that are on the card...people get very creative with their word choices.

3) Cranium...all around good time with couples esp. It's an everything game all in one!
                Danielle
                Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Working...
                X