Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bandwidth SH**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth SH**

We changed avatar settings, combed the cpanel....and we thought we had a handle on it. I just got an email that we're about to go over, guys...and Ron gave us 5X the normal amount to get us to the end of the month.

I don't know what to do.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

AHHHHH!!!!!

...must...control....addiction.......now......

Thanks for all your efforts here Kris.
    What a PAIN for you!!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Kris, there has to be something we can do. Please, say it isn't so!!

I really do think it is time to buy more bandwidth. We've grown. I can't bear for this site to go out. It kills me. Really.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Heidi...it isn't an issue of buying more bandwidth....someone is stealing our bandwidth at an exorbitant rate...

JERKS.

I'll try and set up a temporary home for us until we can....get this sorted.

kris

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
          Can you imagine if we ever find out who it is? :> Talk about unleashing the gates of hell. :P A brigade of buses will be released.

Comment

Oh No!!

Comment

Lily,

It has nothing to do with threads....there is a script running that is sucking up 83% of our bandwidth..but we can't figure out which script it is.

Comment

I think we can safely delete old Secret Santa forums and move the Archives to another site.

How can we be leaking bandwidth this fast?

Comment

Could it be through a user? Should we delete users who haven't posted in a year?

Comment

It's NOT the posts, guys...not, not, not, not. The forums don't actually use up that much bandwidth at ALL. It is also not a user (and we do delete inactive users, btw)

I think I *might* have stumpled onto the problem. Some of the arcade games are taking up a lot of bandwidth...AND..they are script files. I have deleted every game that is a bandwidth sucker. One of the "Pig on a rocket" hadn't even been played that much, but it was taking up 1mb for the short period of time noted in the stats...so it's gone. Other games were played a lot (man, you guys like billiards ) and they took up practically nothing.

kris

Comment

we have games?

so much for getting any work done in April.
                      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                      Let's go Mets!

Comment

OK...I have removed the bandwidth suckers for March. They were the least-played games with the most bandwidth suckage. We went over our normal bandwidth by about 9 MB and 1 game in particular (stupid pig on the rocket crap) actually took away 1.01 MB. An alien game? just under 1mb A jumping game? a MB So those 3 games alone sucked up a MB as did my ummmm...Holiday letter What? 1 MB for a PDF file? Sorry about that. That's 4MB right there!

I will continue to monitor the games etc...It seems like there are quite a few people busy trying them out....and if need be, I'll pay to increase bandwidth for them....I just held onto the lower MB games though for right now.

I'm just relieved that no one has hacked in to steal bandwidth.

kris

Comment

:stars: :stars:

YOU GO KRIS!!

(Let us know when you want to start taking donations for the site!)

Comment

:jumpsofa:

Thanks KRIS!!!
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

:thud:

Comment

Working...
                              X