Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Scrubs - the clothing, not the TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrubs - the clothing, not the TV show

I need your suggestions on this matter.

My fiance needs a few more pairs of scrubs for his anatomy lab and I need suggestions on what and where to buy them from.

I saw some at Costco but they were gigantic and not super nice so I ordered 3 pairs from http://www.allheart.com. They came today and they're horrible. They're unisex and according to the sizing chart I got them in Large. Well, he's only 5'6" and about 150 pounds. Not a big guy by any standards, but that's what the chart read and that's what I got. To complicate things, I can't just go back and order the smaller size because the cut of these scrubs is atrocious. The pant butt seems to be made to be worn around the knees. Either that or you have to pull the waistband up to your underarms. Even on a smaller scale they still wouldn't look right.

I've heard people recommending Dickie's or Medline scrubs but now I'm afraid I'll get those and they'll end up looking just as bad. What do you think I should get?
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

I don't think scrub bottoms every really fit. My DH has to wear XL because of his height and he is 160 lbs soaking wet. I don't have any suggestions though DH's have always been provided and I know my sisters get their tops from allheart.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We never had to buy scrubs, in fact we have so many extra ones, I'd love to send you some. I think your DH would need a medium in some and a large in others. Seriously though, I can totally send you a few pairs of each if you need. PM me your address.

Comment

Hoy moly! Vishenka & Ladybug are right don't buy, just PM them...I know they mean it, becuase, had I not hauled ours off,I'd be offering them to you (well except for the fact that DH is a lot bigger than your DF),
        We too had a glut of them; I finally, just bagged them all up, in a clear plastic trash bag and dropped them off outside the Med center laundry facility, berfore we left MI.

Comment

Thanks guys! What would I do without you? I PMed Julie and Annie.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

Now do you understand why I like to have nice underwear under those damn things. They may be comfy, but oh so ugly.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I totally get it now. In my search for scrub recommendations I came across a thread on SDN about low rise bootcut scrubs. As much as I'd like to look nice, those things get a ton of gross stuff on them and I see no reason to pay a premium to get fancy schmancy scrubs.
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                Plus your name has to be Dr. Ray if you're wearing fancy scrubs.

ug! the chicks at dh's school, durring anatomy...i wanted to punch them. the wore super tight tanktops with scrub pants rolled down so they would be low rise...then would hook their cell to the band with keys or whatever. this led to ass-crack-itis. pull up your friggen pants already!!! oh and whats the point wearing a tanktop? yum. cadavers. odors.stuff. :|

anyhow, cristina...if you dont get enough scrubs from others here, let me know. dh is about 5'7 dont know weight but his scrubs are M and L from med school days. let me know.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                  Plus your name has to be Dr. Ray if you're wearing fancy scrubs.
                  Yuck! He chose black as one of the scrub colors and I said "Absolutely NOT." Besides, I buy, I decide what he gets.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

DH's favorite is the navy w/ red trim around the v-neck and red draw string on the pants...he hardly ever wears the standard green any more. He was thinking of ordering some NBA ones

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                      Now do you understand why I like to have nice underwear under those damn things. They may be comfy, but oh so ugly.
                      ITA

Comment

"Annie",

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I got the package today and you're a sweetheart. They all look great and they're so much nicer than what I had.

Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

Yay christina! I told ya they weren't kidding...and good job on the good deed Annie! Nothin' like purging scrubs!

Comment

Working...
                          X