Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Salvation Army/Goodwill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvation Army/Goodwill

I had scheduled a pick-up for today over a month ago. Last time I had great experience, the guys called around 1pm and came at 2pm. Today, I still haven't heard from anyone and it's almost 6pm. I called the office around 3pm and they seemed pretty pissy that I called to check in. I haven't been able to leave the apt all day, didn't even take a shower. I'm beginning to think they're not coming. I have 6 huge trashbags in the middle of the living room that will requre at least 2 trips if I have to take them down there myself.

I can't even call back because the office closes at 5. They gave me attitude but did say the truck is still coming. I really don't want to schedule another pick-up because I don't have space to store the bags. Should I take them down there tomorrow in 2 trips or just throw the stuff out (it's already bagged)?

I wouldn't throw it out - it would be such a waste. I'm sure you can find a homeless shelter (or hey - a bridge that people are living under) where it will get MUCH better use.

It does suck that you've been waiting around all day. I hate it when that happens.

Comment

We ended up throwing everything out. I called a few places but everyone is closed on weekends and I'm not taking a day off work to drive to a shady neighborhood all by myself. I figure it's their loss, as I was trying to get rid of the stuff anyway. I'm still baffled though as to why they gave me an attitude and never showed up.

Comment

I had good luck with DAV -- Disabled American Veterans.

There is a goodwill drop-off near my house so I just use that now. I wish they would take some baby stuff, like carseats and strollers.

Comment

Oh yea, Salvation Army wouldn't go up the stairs to our 2nd floor apt when I tried to schedule with them--they wanted me to leave it out in the front of our apt, don't think our mgmt would appreciate that...so I said, "forget it!!!"

I just drop off at Goodwill

Comment

It's too complicated to drop stuff off for me. First I somehow have to take to the car and fit it in, then either drive to Jersey and pay for the toll, drive to a very shady area in Bronx or Westchester or drive to Manhattan and look for parking for an hour. Not to mention take a day off work to do all of the above. If they don't want this stuff, I'm certainly not going through all trouble to shove it on them.

Comment

Wow - ours is really good about picking up. We scheduled a couch pick up last year and they were very pleasant and on time. Must be that Minnesota nice.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
              X