Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Questions on cruises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on cruises

Has any one ever done a cruise aside from a Carribean cruise, such as Western Europe? If so, what experience have you had? Which cruise line would you reccomend? TIA!

PS It looks like I am getting my Italy trip after all, just not the way we had first thought. So DH did come through for our anniversary!!

I've never done Europe but I've done others besides Caribbean--Mexico, Alaska, Bermuda. PM me for details if you want.

Comment

PS It looks like I am getting my Italy trip after all, just not the way we had first thought. So DH did come through for our anniversary!!
      :stars: :stars: yay! I'm happy for you!

Comment

Hi, we just went on a cruise in Oct. to Venice,Athens,Mykonos,Rhodes, and Croatia. It was great to check out these places but I think when you want to get in as much sightseeing as possible it would be better to do a land based trip. I always felt rushed to get back to the ship in time. Also, I'd recommend arriving in your port city a day early so you have time to actually see that city. We had 4 hours total in Venice-including check in at the ship-luckily we'd been there before but some of our group had'nt and felt like they really didn't get to see it.

We did Royal Carribean and were very impressed. It was 10 year old ship but was still very classy. All ages and nationalities. We just did a family cruise through Carnival and while we had a great time at our ports were not impressed with the ship itself. A good website to look at is cruisecritic.com

Hope this helps,
        Sonya

Comment

I'm so happy you're getting your anniversary trip after all.

Will you be going on an actual cruise ship or a river boat? I'd love to do the Castles along the Danube cruise one day.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

My parents went on a river cruise last summer on the Danube and loved it but said they were among the youngest on the ship. Several of our friends did the Mediterranean cruises and loved them but also cautioned about try to see too much and being exhausted at the end.

Most cruise lines have a key demographic (families, young people, older crowd, etc.) and then the ship is organized around that demographic for the most part. I'd pick where you identify the most and then go with that line.

Comment

Working...
            X