Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Off again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off again!

You lucky duck! Good Luck and HAVE FUN!!!

Kris
    "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
    Douglas Adams

Have a wonderful time. I went to a muslim wedding in Malaysia (with my first husband). We were visiting, and the driver we hired (on his business account) told us his cousin was getting marrid and would we mind stoppping in the next village for the wedding, It was fantastic, and the food was great. Enjoy!!!

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Well gang- I'm off to DC for four glorious days! I'm going to my friend's brother's wedding. He's marrying a Muslim girl so I'm really excited to see the wedding. I've never been to an Islamic wedding before. The wedding is Sunday afternoon. Monday we're going to see the exhibit of Jackie O's clothing at the Corcoran Gallery. That should be pretty fun- it'll be my mom, my cousin, my friend, my college room-mate and her mother. Girls day out. Tuesday I'm going to play tourist and go see some of the new exhibits at the Museum of American History. (My personal favorite on the mall, and stroll through the Roosevelt Memorial- my other personal favorite.) That should kill the few hours I have before heading to the airport. At some point I'm going to the condo I own downtown and check up on things. (tax deduction!) Unfortunately my beloved is missing yet another event. Oh well. I get so tired of going to social functions on my own, but I'm certainly not missing them because he doesn't have leave!! So, I'll be back on Wednesday.

Jenn

Comment

Hello again-

Well, everything was fabulous, with the exception of my husband once again missing out.

The rehearsal dinner was at a Marriott - the GM is a very good friend of my friends- so needless to say, since she was invited to the rehearsal, the food was fabulous and the service was impeccable. The next day my friend and I woke up and walked to her neighborhood bagel store (a rare commodity in San Antonio). The wedding was held at a gorgeous mansion overlooking the Potomac. The weather was wonderful- a little hot, but the grounds were in full bloom.

The service itself was really nice, full of interesting symbolism. My friends brother and new wife were so happy. It was just dandy!!

The Jackie O clothes were really interesting. She was much smaller in person that she appeared to be. They had her outfir that she wore to the inauguration, the ball gowns, state visit outfits, etc.

The last day I visited my condo and my renter (a guy I used to work with 10 years ago!) has done a fabulous job decorating it. It made me sad to come back here. I walked up to the Smithsonian and saw the new Presidential exhibit. I want to go home!!!

Oh well, now Im totally homesick.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn,

It's too bad that hubby had to miss out, but it sounds like just what the doctor ordered for you! Weddings can be so much fun...this one sounds like it was really gorgeous...looking out on the Potomac? Wow...how romantic!

Kris
          "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
          Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
          X