Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Laundromats are a RIP OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundromats are a RIP OFF

Our dryer broke last week and so I saved up all of the laundry to go to wash it yesterday. Let's just say that the washers were about 1/3 of the size of a regular machine and one wash cost $1.50. To wash a comforter, I had to pay $3.00. But the most ridiculous thing was the dryers...I loaded them all with clothing at the same time and then starting at the first dryer, I added $1.00 (40 minutes), pushed the start button and went on down the row. The time gap between the first and last dryer was probably.....a minute at the most...and let me just say that every dryer there had a different internal clock. The greatest time difference was actually 14 MINUTES!!!!! All were set on the same cycle (permanent press) and had the same money put in, but they were counting down at DIFFERENT RATES! I felt like I was playing the slots in Vegas or something...

Total Bill....$33 exactly! (HOLY COW!)

Kris
    "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
    Douglas Adams

$33!!!!

You can RENT a dryer for $25 a month in many places, that IS a rip. Excuse me for the ensuing tirade, but this is just another example of an industry which preys upon the poor....

By the way, we have a perfectly good w/d that we're not using if you're interested. I have no way to get it up to St. Cloud in our little civics, but if you're interested, you can have them. We just bought a brand new washer and dryer the year before we bought the house and this house came with them. They are gold but they were certified as good condition with the house. Think about it.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

What? Really. I don't know, Kelly...I'd feel funny just taking something from you...maybe you want to sell it to us? It would sure beat having to go and pay for a new one.....

Kris
      "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
      Douglas Adams

Comment

Rent a small Uhaul for about $35, have a great afternoon and lunch together. That is only one trip to the laundramat.

Lu
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Kris,

We put two ads in the Startribune and received only one phone call. We had no luck selling them. We called the Vietnam Vets to donate them and at least get a tax receipt(and have them come and pick them up) but they don't accept large appliances. Seriously, they are yours. Your car probably isn't big enough either. How in the world are we going to get them to your house? Do you have access to a truck?

Kelly
          Edited by: kmbsjbcgb at: 6/3/02 12:06:47 pm
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
          X