Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Workplace Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workplace Etiquette

I'm super skeeved and pissed right now. I decided to be good this week and make my own lunches. Last night I bought a bunch of cold cuts for sandwiches and brought one in today. It was wrapped in aluminum foil and then a ziplock, the ziplock had my name on it front and center. I just went to our communal fridge to take it out and it was gone. I have no idea who took it or why. I've checked with all who could have played a practical joke on me and they all swore it wasn't them. So someone had to purposely take my sandwich, knowing it was my sandwich (I'm the only Julie in the office) and ate it. Who does that?!?!?!?!?

So much for saving money and making my own lunches. I knew there was a reason why I don't do this more often.

could someone have thought that it was old, and maybe cleaned the fridge?

sucks. sorry.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Yeh, very annoying but unfortunately unless you catch the person red handed you'll most likely never find out who did it. It still sucks though
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That used to be a huge problem at my old workplace. One person petitioned HR to have a camera installed by the fridges. It was pointed out that there would be no way to know if the lunch being removed was by the rightful owner or not.

When I took lunch, I either took a frozen lean cuisine and had it in an insulated lunch bag - just cooked it for a shorter time b/c it had partially defrosted - or I used the insulated lunch bag, a cool pack, and kept my lunch in my desk. Sadly people can't be trusted.

Comment

I like the idea for a special sandwich tomorrow. But I'm not sure they'd do that two days in a row. I've checked with my boss and a couple of other people but all of them were shocked and clearly didn't do it. What bothers me is that my name was on it. I think I wouldn't be as pissed if it was nameless.

I guess I could freeze it overnight and then just let it defrost at my desk for a few hours.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you for starting a thread on this topic. My numero uno work place complaint is people listening in on my private phone calls and then interjecting their own comments.

Seriously, I had a ten minute conversation with a preschool director in Cinci about which room to place Kendall in because of the whole August birthday thing when the unmarried twenty four year old tech guy came into my office and gave me his whole opinion about whether I should place DD in kindergarten as soon as she is eligible.

Um, dipshit, where did your sense of boundaries go?

Ugh.

Don't get me started.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I work in a cube so everyone hears my conversations. I try to be as vague as possible or switch to Russian (with friends and family). But piping in to random conversations and giving your opion when it's not asked for is a big no-no. How rude!

Comment

I once had a partner I was working for knock on my locked office door, try to open it without waiting for a "come in," then proceed to bang loudly and constantly, while yelling to get my attention. I yelled back, "Hey, I'm pumping...hang on" (I had already advised everyone in my section that if my door was locked, I was pumping breastmilk). He said, "Don't get unhooked. Just keep on chugging. Let me tell you what I need you to do..." He then hollered directions at me for three minutes at the top of his lungs through my door.

I was scrambling so fast that I knocked over one whole container of milk all over my lap.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                  My numero uno work place complaint is people listening in on my private phone calls and then interjecting their own comments.
                  OMG!! This is my biggest pet peave At my last job I shared an office with two gents and one of them couldn't help but comment while I was still on the phone!!!! He not only gave lame advice and suggestions after I hung up but would chime in and agree and disagree while I was talking to DH about stuff...it drove me mad and is partly why I left. DH and I created code words so I could talk semi-privately while teh schmuck was there. Seriously, people have no respect at the job place.

We also had a lunch box thief at that office who was confronted and continued to do it even after he was caught...some people seriously don't care.
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I'd totally be making a special wasabi sandwich. If it was the same offender, the next lunch stealer deserves it.

Comment

Oh what a GREAT post!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I have a long list of annoying things my work people do...mostly my office mate.

1. She also does the listening to my phone calls, and interjecting during it. One time I was on the phone with my doctor (I am 30 weeks pregnant and have been having heart palpilations...). I was trying to hear what my doc was telling me and the idiot I share an office with was yelling in the background "Don't forget to tell her........................."

2. In addition to this idiot doing that...she also. Talks NON STOP. Despite me igoring her, she will keep saying "Oh come here, you have to see this." She reads the news word for word off the internet. Complains about politics.

3. She BURPS and thinks it is funny (no she isn't a 10 year old boy, she is a 51 year old WOMAN!) Wow...right on cue...she JUST DID IT AS I TYPE!! Weird...

4. She talks on HER phone all the time loudly, does the online crossword puzzle every day and then yells out the amount of time she finished it in (every day!!). As you can tell, the woman does NO WORK.

That is just ONE person I work with. The other person I share an office with is a guy. He pees all over the toilet seat (didn't his mama teach him to lift the seat!!) and doesn't wipe it off (GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and he eats his food louder than any human I have ever seen. No exaggeration on that one.

I have only one time, had someone take my food, though. It was by accident. I think they thought the container my food was in was theirs and it just disappeared. Then several days later, the container showed up washed out and sitting on the counter. I could totally see you being mad about that. I hope you find the culprit!!

It just feels so good to complain about that while people were complaining. I count down the days (33!!) until I am done with work and the annoying office mate. Then again, that is only 33 days with money coming in until DH starts residency. Hmm...thats not great I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                        Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                        I once had a partner I was working for knock on my locked office door, try to open it without waiting for a "come in," then proceed to bang loudly and constantly, while yelling to get my attention. I yelled back, "Hey, I'm pumping...hang on" (I had already advised everyone in my section that if my door was locked, I was pumping breastmilk). He said, "Don't get unhooked. Just keep on chugging. Let me tell you what I need you to do..." He then hollered directions at me for three minutes at the top of his lungs through my door.

I was scrambling so fast that I knocked over one whole container of milk all over my lap.
                        What a moron.
                        Oh my word. What an idiot!! I would hurt someone I swear.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                          I'd totally be making a special wasabi sandwich. If it was the same offender, the next lunch stealer deserves it.
                          There's a guy at dh's work who steals lunches on a constant basis. I usually put dh's lunch in a plastic grocery bag. Sometimes, the guy takes the lunch, other times, you can tell by the looks of the bag that the guy has been checking to see what dh has for lunch.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                          X