Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I've really not dropped off the face of the earth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've really not dropped off the face of the earth!

Really! I promise I haven't! I'm still here in dreary Saginaw, MI wishing the sun would come out and that it would warm up.

Where have I been? Good question without a good answer. Dave has not been nearly as busy with rotations as we expected him to be, so we've been able to spend quite a bit of time together. I have also fallen completely in love with art in general and especially photography and like to spend any extra time I have either drawing or taking/developing/printing pictures. I guess in a nutshell, the past few months I've been able to kind of pretend that we lived a relatively normal life (ok- except for that no friends thing) and have really enjoyed it. I didn't really mean to just drop off the list. It's more like I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd posted. I'm sorry for the disappearing act!

A quick update--- We just returned from a 9 day trip to Little Rock and Dallas. I finally got to thaw out a little bit! The sun was out most of the time we were there, it was 88 degrees in Dallas... I LOVED it. Dave did too. Even though he's repetitively sworn that he didn't want to return to the south, he's now coming around to the thought that the south isn't a bad place afterall. We have decided that we want to go back to Little Rock, either as soon as residency if that works out or after residency is finished. Yeah!!!!!!

I have a brand new niece. Her name is Tessa and she is now 9 months old. I saw her for the first time last week and she is just beautiful!

As I mentioned above, I have fallen completely in love with art. Photography is my favorite. I'm taking a Portrait photo class in the fall. I'm so excited- it is going to be so much fun! I'm also taking a art history course. Since there are very few art classes to take over the summer, I'm taking French. I took it in high school (a few years ago ) and have always wanted to pick it back up. I had planned to take French 2 the second summer session, but it looks like it isn't going to be offered afterall. I guess I'll have to figure out a plan B.

Anyway, that's it in a nutshell. I really look forward to getting caught back up with everyone and finding out what's been going on!

Wendy

It is ssssssoooooooo nice to hear from you. I look forward to hearing from you on a more regular basis.

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hey Wendy-

I figured you were off having fun! Welcome back!

Jenn

Comment

Wendy,

A hail and hearty welcome back to you! It sounds like you are settling in well! That is awesome!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Wendy,

Congrats on your new neice and all of the success that you have had in your art program! I remember when you were just considering switching from the master's program to art/photography. It seems like you have really found where you belong!!!!

Keep us updated when you get a chance...I know you're busy, but I'd really love to hear how things are going for you every now and again.

Kris
          "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
          Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
          X