Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

50 posts is a long way off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 posts is a long way off...

I'm wondering if I'll EVER get to 50 posts!?!?!?!

What's on the other side of 50 posts?

Enjoy getting know everyone while you rack up the post. It gives you time to get everyone's name and backstory straight.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

It's honestly not that big of a deal. Don't build it up in your head. Just more "rooms" as my daughter call them with more conversations.

Same old people.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Sure bliss and gossip

Comment

You're telling me! It's taking me years just bc I don't post in every single thread possible.

Comment

What's beyond the door of 50 post-land? Chocolate cake, lots of champagne, and the secret of life. Seriously though, take the time to figure out who everyone is. Once the door opens, you'll be flooded with people's information and you will probably get confused. Just take this time to learn - we are a very close knit community.

Comment

Um, lest anyone get an idea -- I doubt the admins would look kindly on post inflation of that sort. Both because of the overal decrease in signal-to-noise, and because it doesn't play by the spirit of the rule.

:adminpower:
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Yes I do! I actually found SDN before MSN so it's sort of more "home" for me. Granted, I think I would post more here if I could post in say... the colonscopy section... only 11 post to go! Woohoo! Might get there before the end of the year .

Comment

I always get a chuckle over these 50 posts threads. The funny thing is that many times, people build it up so much that they get 50 posts and then don't come in and actually POST in the private forums when they get a chance.

What is past 50 posts? A private call room, marriage matters area for discussion of marital *stuff*, and forums for diff. stages of the game.

Why are they private? It's funny people here mentioned SDN, because they are a huge part of the reason.

Hey....just call me commymommy :> but I'm certainly familiar with the sdn....and the flaming, name-calling and general nastiness that we really try to keep at bay here. (usually with success). Unfortunately, we just had too many issues with sdn trolls coming over here to comment on things. People wanted a place that they could feel is a bit more private. All members of the private forums know exactly who has access and there are considerably fewer people viewing them.

It's a good sign that a real medical spouse feels a bit grouchy about getting to 50 posts (though granted...that is a low limit if I consider other forums!). This means that the trolls from sdn and other places are much less likely to post to 50.

It's pretty easy to rack up 50 posts if you just read and follow along and respond....it's also how you get to know people and we get to know you. When people post pad they generally are disappointed to discover that they don't get private forum access.

Someone here is at 40. It's taken you years to get to 40? Oh MY! Browse through the forums...surely there is a debate that might get you interested enough to get 10 more posts!
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                  X