Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Any plans for Mother's Day??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans for Mother's Day??

Of course for the third year in a row, DH is off to the Keys for Mother's Day(insert bitter icon here) and the girl's and I are left alone. We plan on staying at a nearby lodge that has a indoor water park and then Mother's Day morning we are having brunch in Columbus.

Any special plans for you ladies??

Annie, that will be such a lovely day.

We had our mothers day in March and DF sent a big bunch of flowers and DS gave me a lovely card he made and some lovely gifts and then my mum and I went shopping together and had lunch it was such a lovely day.

I hope everyone has a lovely mothers day, and all the mums and mums 2 B get a nice restfull day with brekkie in bed thrown in

Comment

I haven't thought about it except to order flowers for MIL and a cute yoga outfit for my mom.

I guess I'll take myself out for brunch to Nikolai's favorite place.

Jenn

Comment

We're taking both of our moms (and dads ) to brunch that morning. That's pretty much it (as far as I know!).
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Today is better but I've been feeling a little :needabreak: lately.

This made me reminisce about favorite mother's day. One of the best was when DH got me half a dozen donuts, made me fresh coffee, and then left to take DD to his parents house to see his mom. I sat in a sunny spot on the kitchen floor in front of the heating vent reading and eating donuts. It was pretty awesome.

This year? He's home which is nice. We'll probably do something breakfast-y with his mom, most likely at our house. After we take her back to her place, maybe we can go for a family hike.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            Today is better but I've been feeling a little :needabreak: lately.

This made me reminisce about favorite mother's day. One of the best was one DH got me half a dozen donuts, made me fresh coffee, and then left to take DD to his parents house to see his mom. I sat in a sunny spot on the kitchen floor in front of the heating vent reading and eating donuts. It was pretty awesome.

This year? He's home which is nice. We'll probably do something breakfast-y with his mom, most likely at our house. After we take her back to her place, maybe we can go for a family hike.
            AWESOME! A half dozen donuts or one dozen? J/k. Sounds lovely!!!

I have no idea what we're doing. We don't have kids and we don't have parents closeby. It's a good day to stay away from our favorite brunch place, I guess. Maybe I'll tag along with Nellie and her family! How awkward would that be? Family hike + Alison.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

My Alaska friend will be arriving for their mid-country stop on their move from Anchorage to Cleveland. She'll just be here the evening of the 13th, and all day on the 14th. We'll just make a nice dinner at home and hang out with my bestest buddy and her husband (who doesn't like me) and her kids.

The boys / dh will probably make breakfast for me, but they actually do that at least 1 day each weekend. Which I should be more grateful for.

Comment

Annie, fellow capricorn, we are following your lead. DD#3 will be baptized on Mother's Day and we are having both families at our house, as well. She is also wearing the same dress as DD#1 and #2. Which reminds me, I have to get it cleaned.
                Needs

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
                  We're barbequing for bugs!!
                  Oh no I didn't realise it is Mother's Day! Your first as Mommy too! Hope it is still OK for us to come over? Obviously we understand if you want to re-schedule.

We often forget Mother's Day since living in Ireland, until it is too late to do anything (as MrsB2B said it is a different day here, so there are no reminders!). If we remember on the day DH calls the MIL's, they are usually more than happy with that. They deserve better though

My Mum (in England) always knows when both the UK/Ireland and US/Canada Mother's Days are, and expects to be acknowledged on both! (but she deserves it).

At least we have had a heads up this year, thanks!

Comment

Chad's on call. Alexia's 3. From my son, I envision a refrigerator magnet or card (handmade). Then, I think it will be a typical Sunday for me.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Bugs, as in the iMSN member. Not bugs, as in the creepy-crawlies in the AZ desert. Now I've got it.

Comment

Maybe Tara and Suzanne can roast their scorpians for us?

J.

Comment

My DH is using four of his **vacation** days--including Mother's Day--to go to attend (I think this is right...) a skull base conference (??). I am not sure what that is, exactly, but I think the attendees are going to be doing surgical procedures on cadaver heads. Party on.

He asked me if I wanted to go (apparently thinking that sitting in a hotel room all day would be a good time, waiting for him to return, smelling like formaldahyde). I think not--if I am going to spend $300 for an airplane ticket, it's going to be for something fun.

And I can guarantee he has no idea when Mother's Day is, or that he'll be gone for it.

But MY mom and my sister are coming into town!! I'm going to do a big Mother's Day brunch. It'll be a blast! Whoo hoo!

Comment

DH is on call, and our out of town guests (I have never met the wife or kid - and they will be here for a week ) will arrive. No Mommas Day celebration I am sure.
                            Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                              My DH is using four of his **vacation** days--including Mother's Day--to go to attend (I think this is right...) a skull base conference (??). I am not sure what that is, exactly, but I think the attendees are going to be doing surgical procedures on cadaver heads. Party on.

He asked me if I wanted to go (apparently thinking that sitting in a hotel room all day would be a good time, waiting for him to return, smelling like formaldahyde). I think not--if I am going to spend $300 for an airplane ticket, it's going to be for something fun.

And I can guarantee he has no idea when Mother's Day is, or that he'll be gone for it.

But MY mom and my sister are coming into town!! I'm going to do a big Mother's Day brunch. It'll be a blast! Whoo hoo!
                              I am a terrible person! I truly believed that my DH would not remember Mother's Day (he consistently forgets minor tedious personal things like anniversaries, birthdays...my middle name...)

He remembered! Before he left for this conference, he mailed me the nicest Mother's Day card.

So, in the interest of full disclosure, I have to eat crow and admit that I underestimated him...

Comment

Working...
                              X