Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Any plans for Mother's Day??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think today has been my favorite mother's day ever! We went to church this morning, and DH made reservations at a cute place for brunch afterwards....yummy! I got cards from the boys, the cats (boys' idea....they laughed maniacally as I opened it) and from DH. The boys gave my the first season of Everybody Loves Raymond on dvd. DH wrote in his card that I should go to the JJill sale that is coming up this week, and he also set up an appt. for the geek squad (Best Buy computer guys) to come work on our computer......it is running REALLY slowly lately (part of the reason I haven't been posting as much) and I have been whining about it, so it was nice to know he heard me! After brunch, we came home, changed clothes, and went to visit our lot. We have noticed a walking trail close by, so we went for a walk. The trail leads into a park, which is mostly forest with trails going everywhere. We walked all over, and I am even more excited now to build, knowing that I will have a nice place to take walks. We finished the afternoon at a walk-up Dairy Queen, where our babysitter has just gotten a job. She made us our stuff, and then was off for the night, so we chatted for a while. I saw a couple of my students while we were there, too. It is a beautiful day here.....72 and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect for a walk in the woods!

All in all, it was a great day.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by alison
      Originally posted by rainbabies
      wow, my dh remembered.

he brought me a beautiful vase full of purple iris's (i think)

he was late this morning coming home....because someone STOLE the first bouquet of flowers he bought me. he put them in a room that is hardly used and turned the AC on low to keep them fresh. some schmuck stole them. jerks.

the replacement vase and flowers are beautiful, tho.
      At the hospital?

yes, the hospital. the room that they were in is in the clinic, on a weekend, not used...and a handful of nurses told him to put them there because they would be safe. i guess dh questioned housekeeping, but they said they have no reason to go there on the weekends.
      oh well...the ones i have are gorgeous!
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

DH got off this morning, moved all the furniture here that I just bought off of craigslist for DD1, went to bed for 4 hours, and just left for work again. These 2 weeks are going to be brutal for him. Just another day around here...

DS is trying to tell me "Happy Mother's Day" 100x today and all 3 kids are being VERY helpful today.

I could not ask for more!

Comment

Hey, that was my 50th post!
          :stars: :fans: aparazzi: :rah: arty:

When will my prize package arrive?

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
            When will my prize package arrive?
            Stay by the door -- Chippendales bearing flowers and a singing telegram will appear momentarily.

(No, really, if an admin doesn't notice by tomorrowish, PM PrincessFiona or cupcake I think.)
            Alison

Comment

What I would REALLY like is for a maid service to come in and do a deep clean, and then a moving service to come in and pack up all of our stuff and move it to Cleveland while we're at the beach. You guys are the best....THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                What I would REALLY like is for a maid service to come in and do a deep clean, and then a moving service to come in and pack up all of our stuff and move it to Cleveland while we're at the beach. You guys are the best....THANKS!
                It's like you were reading my mind when you wrote this! When they're done at her place, can they all come over here, too? Pretty please?
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                X