Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sisters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters

My sister made a last minute trip from Atlanta on Friday. She left this morning and now I really feel sad. We had such a great time together. We are only 18months apart. We usualy see each other approx every 18 months. We went to see "The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood". What a really great movie (we grew up in the South and in a somewhat dysfunctional Catholic family) which made this movie REALLY funny for us. I know I'm just rambling, thanks for giving me a place to whine!!

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Hi there Luanne!! That is so wonderful to have a sister to share good times with. I have two sisters, one of which I am closer to than the other. Oh, and I wanted to tell you that The Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood is an original book. I heard that it is an awesome book. So, if you like to read, you may want to pick that up sometime.

Hope you are having a great week!

Christy

Comment

Luanne:

I'm so happy that you had a great time with your sister!! I know exactly what you mean. . .if and when my sister ever gets out here to visit us, I will be *so* sad when she leaves!

We are tied at the hip!

Comment

Luanne--

How exciting for you...I'm totally jealous, I never had a sister and it seems that sisters have an easier time navigating the ups and downs of life together.

BTW, the book "Little Alters Everywhere" precedes "The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood" and I honestly cannot recommend two better reads. I REALLY want to see this movie. My family originally hails from KY/TN and I could completely relate to aspects of those books too!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I have read the YaYA book, VERY GOOD READING. I do miss my sister. There are six of us (3 sisters and 2 brothers). Four of us are very close.

Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That's great you had a nice time with your sister. I bet you wish you two could live closer. My friends are the closest thing I have to sisters but wouldn't trade them for the world.

Hope you guys can get together again soon.

I want to see that Ya-Ya movie!

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

Working...
            X