Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Missed you guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed you guys!

We got back yesterday from 10 days away in Kansas with my in-laws, who had my two oldest boys with them for a week before we went up. We had such a nice, relaxing time! We spent some time in Kansas City with my brother-in-law and his wife, and I was able to do some shopping at an outlet mall there, as well as some at a regular mall. I never knew how much I valued the shopping in larger cities until I moved here! It was really nice to shop where there was a large selection and lots of stores. DH and I had built-in babysitting while at my in-laws' and we took advantage of it one night and saw the Ya Ya Sisterhood and had a WONDERFUL meal out -- since moving from San Antonio, we have really missed good restaurants that aren't chains -- we found a great one in KS!

Yesterday, we went to Six Flags in Arlington (Dallas) or the 7th circle of hell, as I am now calling it. My oldest son had earned a free ticket through a reading program at school, and some friends from San Antonio had asked us to meet them there, so we decided to go for it. IT WAS SO HOT!!!! I don't know what I expected -- I guess I wasn't thinking. The baby was miserable -- can't say that I blamed him. The two older boys had a blast, though, and DH and I managed a respectable time by trading off on the baby duties. Still, I have definitely placed a moratorium on any Disney plans for the foreseeable future.

This week is call week for DH (M-W-F-Sa-S) and they are anticipating a post 9-11 baby boom on base, set to begin any time now, so it will be a busy week for him. We leave again on the fourth of July for a two week visit to Indiana.

I really missed keeping up with everyone! Congratulations, Claudia and Rebecca! I hope you both have happy, healthy pregnancies.

Robin and Jenn, my thoughts are with you as you are moving -- I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Back to the "real world" tomorrow!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Glad to have you back, Sally! Aren't vacations wonderful?? They give us just enough ooomph to make it until the next one! I had asked my hubby (jokingly) on our last vacation - "can you imagine residency without vacations?" I don't think I could make it!

This is a Q2 call week for us, too. Let's all commiserate here.

Comment

Welcome back Sally!

The pediatricians are feeling the baby boom, too! They've been so busy and the nursery is getting slammed. I can't imagine what it's going to be like for the OBs!

My lucky husband is on leave this week. I of course, don't have any extra time (seeing as I only get 6 days of vacation a year!) But he's relaxing and enjoying his time off.

Jenn

Comment

I'm glad that you all had such a good time (especially with baby not being a willing participant ) Your oldest two must have had a real blast!! I've been to 6 flags in Arlington a few times (my family lives in Bedford) and can only imagine that the kids would love it....

The great thing about Disney (we went there when Alex was a year old) is that they have plenty of opportunities for the little guys to cool off! They have little areas where cold water shoots out of the ground and toddlers and children (and some grown-ups who are pretending to chase their children ) can beat the heat. I also liked that we didn't have to wait in line for things because they have those speed passes. Disney had something for children of all ages, so don't give up on it yet!

It's nice to have you back...it really is!

Kris
        "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
        Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
        X